Recent content by Chubba

1. Chubba

Schiit Freya + vs Sonic Frontiers SFL-1

Both of my SFL-1 preamps drove the Mcintosh MC-252 amp perfectly.
  2. Chubba

I like the earlier versions for some reason. The feel of quality maybe. Cheers
  3. Chubba

Hi Dony. I am on my second SFL-1. I really like the sound of both and chose them over a new Mcintosh C-2300. The first one was the 17 or 21st unit they made in 1990 If I remember correctly. The second and current unit is from 1993 and was completely rebuilt by Glen Dolick one of the original...
  4. Chubba

Fosgate Signature phono stage-dead.

Wow. I thought there would be more. Cheers
  5. Chubba

Thank you Steve.
  6. Chubba

Hi all. I was listening to a record Friday night when I heard a pop through my speakers. I listened for a few more hours and all sounded good. Saturday aft I turned everything on. About an hour latter I came to play record and the Fosgate's lights were off ( fuse blown). Today I opened it up and...
  7. Chubba

RIP Myles Goodwyn...

A great man and band. I will be hearing some April Wine shortly on the tt and it will be loud. RIP Myles Goodwyn
  8. Chubba

That Will Do Pig

No babes?
  9. Chubba

Vintage Lash Up

Pretty cool. I really like the Sonic Frontiers gear. I am very content with a SFL-1 pre I use. It was rebuilt by one of the original S F guys using much higher quality parts. Cheers
  10. Chubba

"Highly Miserable People...

Soul Asylum has very good tune/vid about misery.
  11. Chubba

Amazing Listen!

Envy ?
  12. Chubba

What TT's do you folks have

On my main system I have a Music Hall 9.1 with a Benz Micro Glider into a Fosgate Signature phono stage. Sitting beside that is a Pioneer PL-518 with a Ortofon OM-40 cart into a Pro-Ject Tube Box S. I am good with this. Cheers
  13. Chubba

WTF happened to my ears?

I am going through the same thing. My wife gave it to me late last week. My first time with the bug. Good times.
  14. Chubba

New system, a gift from my sons, a Harman Kardon 330A

Nice. Also happy birthday.
  15. Chubba

Denon DL-110 vs Ortofon 2M Blue - what did I do wrong?

I have been curious a few times about very dirty/ built up gunk on some styluses I have seen. Does the crap protect the stylus from wear?
Back
Top Bottom