Recent content by cicada

1. cicada

Pioneer SX 727 rotary selector fix/replace

Replacing the shaft was our final choice, surely the best way to go, we have used strategic drops of Loctite glue to keep the selector spacers and rings all together once the long screws were loose, replaced the shaft was a breeze this way. Feeling happy to have saved this machine, all the...
  2. cicada

Pioneer SX-424

Hey FourXFours 2018 sharing the love here, I love this unit, so generous!
  3. cicada

Thanks for your time and support , I will wait to get the replacing part to have a closer detailed look to fully understand what you described so well, I found mesmerising starring at the shaft mount and wires inside the receiver, such a hard spot to work in, if you are familiar with this model...
  4. cicada

Hey Wise AK, I have purchased a replacement part for a broken SELCTOR knob (shaft/spindle arm, don't know how to call that) on a SX727, took a hit and cracked just at the base of the front facia. Part comes with wiring so color codes is not a issue, but still is a very tricky mission replace...
  5. cicada

Subwoofer advice

That's a pity right, I don't have any other chance, no space for this fridge in the lounge. My house sits at 120cm from the floor, lot of unused space down there, rats ballroom! Infinite baffle? I had a little reading about that, in theory could work yes, although I am not sure I fully...
  6. cicada

Subwoofer advice

Thanks folks, all very helpful tips, I believe I am on the right path to avoid to go very wrong, I am getting in touch with the designer and see if he has made this for a specific driver. I will make sure I will filter way lower than the JBL crossover can do, thanks Audiomagnate your comment is...
  7. cicada

Subwoofer advice

Hi Nexus, thanks for your reply, This thing is a Single 12" ported box, 410mm wide, 520mm deep, 810mm high, made from 25mm thick MDF, similar to the one attached here, what you see inside the box is some internal bracing. I know it sounds a stupid experiment but I will give those rats in...
  8. cicada

Subwoofer advice

Hi wise AK, I am totally new to subwoofers and always been a bit skeptical in mixing one into the game. But now I scored a beautifully built 170 liters enclosure, 12 inch speaker mount that is looking at me... I am not putting a real budget on it for now, planning to filter l with a JBL m553...
  9. cicada

Vintage Sansui vs <$1,000 Modern Amp

Old interesting thread wise AK, my personal experience, update 2017 , test made always with JBL's 4408, 8 inches monitors, very revealing: Sansui AU101(price around 150$ refurbished,in good looking condition) VS Topping TP30 or similar Tripath in the 150$ range ( I have tried few of them)...
  10. cicada

New Heil Air motion tweeter vs Old original one?

Very fascinating, also Porkloin thanks for the info about the Fostex toy too
  11. cicada

Bill, is it this THE thing you described to us?
  12. cicada

More info on the prototype topic here: http://www.audioasylum.com/cgi/t.mpl?f=speakers&m=260604
  13. cicada

I believe, reading this page, that the original prototypes where showing at the T.H.E. in 2012, so they might still exist? http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue59/cessl2.htm I am really good at that and very keen to know more....I would be really appreciate a simple sketch, your description is...
  14. cicada

Lot of wiseness here, thanks for all you replies falling into the wisdom field, since you guys use knowledge and experience with common sense and insight terminology. Now, someone newbie like me would think that at $300 per unit the great Heil would do a great hi freq device for speakers...
Back
Top Bottom