Recent content by cjmustang69

1. cjmustang69

New System Combination

Thank you. I have several other speakers, which I also enjoy. But there is something about the JBLs sound - which make me always come back to them and enjoy their performance. The ease with which they can play loud and dynamic music is addictive.
  2. cjmustang69

New System Combination

Latest change in system - including a stand I hadn’t used in a while. Have the McIntosh pieces driving the JBL’s currently. Have a Scott 222b when desire tubes for a change. Also, a Yamaha A-S2200 integrated amp for a more current piece to drive them.
  3. cjmustang69

Ev Interface series 2 and cv

The Interface III Series 2 didn’t require an equalizer.
  4. cjmustang69

Here is a photo of one of my tweeters, showing the foam which was used with them.
  5. cjmustang69

I liked my Interface III speakers a lot. I bought them in 1980 - first pair of speakers I owned which I felt were capable of reproducing music accurately. I sold them in 2008 or 2009. I still have a new pair of tweeters for them, in case I run into another pair which I happen to buy.
  6. cjmustang69

If the passive radiator is 12” in the first pair of speakers shown, it would appear to be identical to a pair of Interface III Series 2 speakers I owned in college. If the passive radiator is smaller than 12”, it is likely an Interface II Series 2 speaker.
  7. cjmustang69

New System Combination

I agree with your comment. The most interesting “new component” in my system, to me, is the Minidsp piece. The quality of bass and overall balance of sound, from the JBLs, achieved by running Dirac Live to compensate for room effects was very noticeable.
  8. cjmustang69

New System Combination

I had been driving my JBL speakers with a McIntosh solid state amp/preamp until 2 days ago. I had my Scott 222b out of rotation for sometime. Last week I found a very nice LT-110 tuner, and decided to pair it with my 222b integrated amp. I hooked them up to the JBLs yesterday. Balance of...
  9. cjmustang69

HH Scott Owners Thread

Scott 222b integrated amp and LT-110 tuner, which I use with JBL 4430 and Quad ESL-63 speakers. I enjoy them very much.
  10. cjmustang69

What's your latest audio purchase?

McIntosh MR78 tuner. I have found I enjoy listening to FM radio (reminds me of college days) and this piece matches up well with MC2255 amp and C33 preamp I have.
  11. cjmustang69

System Change

Current state of primary system. Comprised of Pass Labs Aleph 2 amps, Pass Labs X-1 preamp, Cary Audio DAC200ts, Graham Slee phono preamp, Von Schweickert Vr4Jr speakers, and Vandersteen 2Wq subwoofer. I also have the Melody AN845 integrated amp available for times I would like to hear tubes.
  12. cjmustang69

I can understand missing them. Mine pair up very well with the Pass Labs amps/preamp. While they are able to play low notes very well, I'm using a Vandersteen sub to reinforce the bottom. I'm enjoying this setup very much.
  13. cjmustang69

Von Schweickert VR4 Jr speakers
  14. cjmustang69

Want to know what speakers you are using for your McIntosh Gear

Running JBL4430 speakers with MC2255 amp and C33 preamplifier.
  15. cjmustang69

System Change

I ran across an opportunity to purchase a Vandersteen 2Wq subwoofer - which I thought would work well with my Quads. Seller also had Pass Labs Aleph 2 monoblock amps and Pass Labs X-1 preamp for sale. I ended up purchasing these as well and put system together this week. I’m very happy with...
Back
Top Bottom