Recent content by clk1981

1. C

Help with CR-620 Blowing Main AC Fuse - Outputs Good

Doing a diode check on my meter on TR722, I was getting some funky readings. .007V drop and 2.2V drop on the two junctions. I pulled TR722 and it oddly enough tested as a good PNP transistor. Weird. I went ahead and replaced it, and now the unit is powering on and working fine with the outputs...
  2. C

Ok, I tested voltage on what I believe was R750 and R752 (service manual is blurry and the board is not labeled) and it looks like I had .3V I did find that with the outputs taken out of the right channel, the socket for the NPN output had these voltages (40V, -17.6V, .1V) and the PNP output...
  3. C

Ok thank you so much. I won't be able to get back to this until monday but I will do what you suggested and report back. Thanks!
  4. C

Thank you for the reply. I guess what I am confused about is if there were shorted components other than the outputs, how does the unit power on and give a relay click with just the outputs removed? Wouldn't the other shorted components cause the bulb to dim?
  5. C

I have a beautiful CR-620 that HAD bad outputs. I replaced all 4 outputs with MJ21193/94 and recapped the power supply section. I used a dim bulb and powered it on. The unit was repaired and worked well for a few weeks... After running it for a few weeks, the main AC fuse (3.0A 250V) blew...
  6. C

Help with repair of SX-750

all fuses are good. I'm trying to get the amp board separated from the heatsink now...not much slack in the wires, this is gonna be a pain :)
  7. C

1) -34V 4) 0V
  8. C

Unit powers on, tuner meter works, however, the speaker relay never engages. All output transistors test ok, and the unit still doesn't have a relay click with the amp unplugged. Here are the power supply voltages I was hoping someone could help. 1) -34V 2-7) 0V 8) -34V 9) -.2V 10) -34V 11-15)...
  9. C

2220 No FM reception

J809 read 10.8V. No DBT tester being used now.
  10. C

2220 No FM reception

Ok, I checked the transistor voltages on the FM front end (100 board) and they seemed to all be there, although about 10% or so lower than the service manual. Here are some other voltages I measured. J205 - 1.4V J207 - 10.9V J210 - 10.9V J302 - 10.8V J304 - 38V J308 - 14.88V It looks like...
  11. C

2220 No FM reception

I didn't see the voltages stated in the service manual but I do remember seeing roughly 10VDC on a few pins.
  12. C

2220 No FM reception

I have a 2220 not a model B, that has no FM reception at all. I am thinking the problem is in the FM front end, but the board has no bottom access and I am not very good at rewinding tuner strings. Does anyone have any ideas where to look or what might be the cause? With an antenna hooked up...
  13. C

Help with SA-6500 II

I'm pretty sure I found the problem! Although the output transistors were not shorted, I pulled them, and BOTH of the NPN outputs (2SD586A) tested as a DIODE! Both of the PNP transistors are good. Whohoo!!! now off to finding some replacements. Thank you everyone for your input. Edit: YES! That...
  14. C

Help with SA-6500 II

after digging around all day, I am willing to bet the the problem is with the output transistors, as the headphone output is fine, and it is a resistive load from the outputs. Also, the output signal doesn't clip without speakers installed so its almost like the outputs are impedance...
  15. C

Help with SA-6500 II

this might be progress. Good signal on Q4, Q5, and Q6 On Q7 and Q8 I have a perfect sine wave on ONE of the legs, and on another, the bottom half of the sine wave is gone.
Back
Top Bottom