Recent content by cmb3366

1. cmb3366

Let's see your cans!

Classy!
  2. cmb3366

Let's see your cans!

For some crazy reason the site wont let me edit a 12 year old post to tweak the long since obsolete photobucket codes, so here's the pics of my old rig that started this can-showing madness
  3. cmb3366

Let's see your cans!

Very nice rig Endless
  4. cmb3366

System Reboot

Ever get to that point where you are really content with what you have, and you don't see many ways to take it much further (at least within your personal budget constraints). That's where I've been the last year or so with my vinyl/tubes/horn rig. Simply stated, I love how it sounds, and there...
  5. cmb3366

RIP Levon Helm

Levon will be missed. His shows were one of a kind, glad I got to see a few.
  6. cmb3366

Vinyls

As a youngin myself I can chime in and say 'vinyls' grates on my ears as well, just doesn't sound right. Same thing when someone talks about their stereo 'gears'. It's vinyl and stereo gear people.
  7. cmb3366

What kind of music do SET lovers listen to?

I listen to primarily to rock and jazz on my 6c33c SET. I do run powered sub woofers crossed in at 35hz to fill in the bottom, but my setup has no problem rocking. From Led Zeppelin to Metallica, to Weather Report and Dave Brubeck, it get the job done, and sounds damn fine doing it.
  8. cmb3366

Elton John Red Piano 3 LP Set @ Best Buy $1.99!

Picked up The Police album and a couple $0.49 CD's this morning, listening to the LP as I type. It's mixed a bit too bass heavy for my tastes and my 3-subwoofer system, but the vinyl is clean and the music is good. Fantastic buy.
  9. cmb3366

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Trick of a Tail on a clean ATCO resissue. I've got a half dozen copies of this album, this is the only one that plays anything approaching clean. Love the album, but most copies I've found are full of noise.
  10. cmb3366

CL One zero to many or coma in wrong place ?

Looking at the new prices or his gear, the ad is probably legit, but he has no chance of making a sale on CL, everyone there is looking for bargains, not going rate on A-gon.
  11. cmb3366

Is it time to say goodbye to vinyl?

+1 You said it more diplomatically than I can.
  12. cmb3366

Summer switch from tube to SS?

I run a 18 watt SET that dumps a large amount of heat year round. As hot as the amp gets, it's not a big deal in terms of overall room temp IME. Don't be afraid of enjoying your tubes summer or not.
  13. cmb3366

Any new Klipsch speakers worth buying?

Epics are amazing (I'm going to buy the next first gen cf-4's I find), Legends are excellent, and the Reference series is no slouch. There are plenty of current and recent Klipsch speaker designs worth listening to.
  14. cmb3366

Your Top 3 Favorite Sitcoms Of All Time?

Seinfeld Simpsons Living with Children No specific order
  15. cmb3366

How big are the woofers in your main system?

A total of 4 10" drivers in my speakers, 2 12" drivers in the rear subs, and one 8" in the front sub. It may sound like I am a bass nut but thats not the case, the subs are tuned in very low, just to provide a little sub-40hz reinforcement. No thump but a bass drum hit sounds like a real bass...
Back
Top Bottom