Recent content by cmk59

1. cmk59

Need an SAE education!?

Hello- I don't know that I'd call this as much of a reply as a desperate plea for help. Thanks to an ever-changing cocktail of meds from the VA - and still being in pain - something I used to do for fun & for others I'm now unable to do for myself: hook up my finally-almost-complete Master Audio...
  2. cmk59

How ridiculously big my speakers are! Post yours!

Wow... OOOOooof! Wow. Wish I had a set of AMT's as a center channel - I'd get rid of one of my subs..and who knows what else? I'm running a set of the smaller Amazing Silver MKlV's and a pair of Infinity WTLC's, and that's heavenly...but the AMT's as a 'fill' center channel...GREAT idea...
  3. cmk59

Carver TFM-6c as Dual Mono Blocks?

TFM15's... Eric, I've been using a pair of (identical) TFM-15CB's, driving a pair of HPM-100's in my office system, and I've never heard such definition and clarity from their upper end before. A bit muddy (have used them on Bose, Maggies and Infinity WTLC's, too) on the very low end (use...
  4. cmk59

Carver fans.....

(Grump/anyone reading this: Please forgive me, but I can't get into the other forums thanks to (I guess) firewalls, etc.) Anyone have a PSC-50 or a PL4000 MK1 they'd sell/trade? Beyond the pre here, I have all I need to finally put my system together, save a tuner. That, I can wait longer for...
  5. cmk59

The AK "Trade Up" Challenge thread

Yes, yes... ...but on the other hand, it speaks VOLUMES about the person who has worked so hard to this point to have collected the pieces they have...the research done, cherishing the chase and the find...rediscovering tunes they've listened to for years...you know the drill. :music:Doesn't...
  6. cmk59

A-men, brother....AMEN. Couldn't be said any better; you hit the nail on the head. Bravo! Chuckster p.s. Please contact me either through AK here or at cmk59@yahoo.com; I think we might have much to talk about!
  7. cmk59

Not much to be had... Maybe...maybe not. I frequently trade or trade & add cash onto a trade to enhance the value for someone I'm dealing with. Then I send the pieces to my own friend in Kalamazoo to have them gone-through (long story) before he ships them down here to OK. For instance...
  8. cmk59

Different reasons for the same obsession... Geez, and I thought I was the only one! My garage only has so much room, but bartering/trading with good folks like here and CarverSite! has helped me immensely. I started with a pile of decent/broken gear and have moved up quite nicely (IMHO) through...
  9. cmk59

Girl problems...

Relationships... Well, as far as the audio stuff goes, you could put things on switchable power bars (that way you also get some 'protection' when the power's on, and the filtration from the better-quality ones). As to the other...FLEE!!! DON'T get in the middle, and don't move in with...
  10. cmk59

Any Vintage Onkyo Owners?

Onkyo Integra M504 I've got a nearly-mint M504 amp that I'd like to either sell for $450(oboo-yes, it's lovingly cared for and used, and in that good a condition!) or will trade for a pair of Carver M400 Cubes. Then again, if anyone has some Carver gear and wants to trade, I've listed my stuff...
  11. cmk59

Tube Noob With Questions..

SO far.. Cool. All I need are a schematic and list of parts and just-a swap 'em out, right? :scratch2::D How about the 'modding' part? Seriously. Here are some pics.... I've managed to find out that it's a National Kits Model 2200...a Williamson-design amp of about 12 wpc. That said, I've...
  12. cmk59

Tube Noob With Questions..

:banana:'Evenin', all!:banana: I normally hang around the SS side of the AK house, but I can't keep away any longer...I want to play with cool-looking tubes. :music: KT88's look hot (pun intended), and I'd kill for a Manley Stingray, but $ requires I start small. :tresbon: To that end, I have...
  13. cmk59

Receiver and Amp nudies! Post them if ya got them!

Looks like... Looks like a Dynaco or Heathkit DIY to me...but I could be wrong.
  14. cmk59

Receiver and Amp nudies! Post them if ya got them!

Looks like a nice ole Dynaco to me.
  15. cmk59

just got some wltc's

Replicating the replication... OK, I'm intrigued. Do you know where and how I can find this foam, and do you remember the steps you used in re-foaming yours? For that matter, what did it sound like AFTER you re-foamed it? Chuck
Back
Top Bottom