Recent content by Coastsider

1. Coastsider

Soundcraftsmen MA5002

I'm a bit late to the party but I thought I'd share a photo of my Sanus rack mounted MA5002, purchased in 2008, along with it's companion SP4002 Preamp/EQ. They are currently driving a pair of Sony SS-M7's. I also have an A5002 in service in my home theater rig, pictured in my avatar, and an...
  2. Coastsider

12" Watkins Woofer - Need new speaker gaskets?

A thin strand of rope caulk works just fine.
  3. Coastsider

JBL 4310WX value

I am curious as to the value of my pair of JBL 4310WX's. I am basically an Infinity guy but enjoy having the 4310's because of their status in recording industry history. I have them in my small home office along with a pair of Infinity late 70's RSM's, their version of near field monitors, and...
  4. Coastsider

No sound from woofers in RS 2.5

Attached is a photo of the crossover in one of my 2.5's if that will help. I replaced the two axial lead caps.
  5. Coastsider

Infinity monitor Jr woofer replacement

The original doped 12" woofers used in the Monitor Juniors were sourced from CTS, Chicago Telephone Supply, whose manufacturer number is 137 as can be seen in the attached photo of the magnet assembly from one of my Juniors. Infinity added the doping material to the cones. It was also used in...
  6. Coastsider

4310 query

Research into some old archived files yielded the answer to my primary query. The driver array I described (2212/2105/LE20-1) was in late model 4310's. The 4311 had the same woofer and midrange but an LE-25 tweeter.
  7. Coastsider

4310 query

I posted a query some years back about a pair of JBL 4310's I own regarding the fact that they have different woofer and midrange drivers than was apparently standard for the model, but I can't find the thread and so decided to re-post my query since I don't remember if I got any answers as to...
  8. Coastsider

Monitor IIA restoration + Walsh tweeter repair

The Walsh's in my IIa's also had the putty balls at the base of the cones when I bought them new in the mid-70's as evidenced by the attached photo taken right after I replaced the foam sometime in the early to mid-90's if memory serves me. I've also wondered as to their function and concluded...
  9. Coastsider

It's been many years since I replaced the foam in my Walsh's but I don't recall adding any polyfill to the cones before I did and just fluffed it as you mentioned you did, and by the way it looks like you did an admirable job with the new foam.
  10. Coastsider

Did someone mention my name? I do have some Walsh's on the shelf in my spares stash but am keeping them on hand just in case since I have three pair of Infinity's, Monitor IIa's, 2000 II's and WTLC's that utilize them. I bought the IIa's brand new in the mid 70's and they are currently in...
  11. Coastsider

How did you first learn about Infinity Speakers?

I bought my first pair of Infinity speakers after discovering them, if memory serves me, at the Los Angeles Hi-Fi Show at the Ambassador Hotel in the early 70's. They were the original 3-way Monitor's with the 12" CTS doped woofer, a caged midrange dome, and a Walsh tweeter. Infinity replaced...
  12. Coastsider

Just got a pair of RS 4.5's and learned some interesting history!

Interesting information regarding the RS active crossover versions. I use the RS Crossover/Equalizer version with my RS 2.5's but my spare is the RS 4.5 Crossover version with more and different high pass and low pass frequencies which the OP indicates is the last and rarest version. I bought it...
  13. Coastsider

AT15SA Wow!

Pictured is my Audio Technica AT20SL Limited Edition cartridge with an OEM AT20SS stylus installed. The cartridge is mounted in a Shure SME 3009/S2 Improved tone arm which in turn is mounted on a Sony PS-2251/LA turntable. I got the whole package years ago on ebay from a seller just a couple of...
  14. Coastsider

Soundcraftsmen A2502 LED array problem

Of course you are right again. It's never easy, especially if it says Soundcraftsmen on the front. But I bit the bullet and dug in, partially removing the front panel as I suggested I would try, which allowed me to remove the LED array board and get to the other IC's. I re-installed the 4136 Op...
  15. Coastsider

Soundcraftsmen A2502 LED array problem

Yep. Right you are. I just popped the lid and did not pull the board and in my tunnel vision induced haste just saw the two IC's at the top of the board in the photo I attached and completely overlooked the three other IC's illustrated at the bottom of the schematic. Oh well, at least I'll have...
Back
Top Bottom