Recent content by Codesix

1. Codesix

Vintage TV chefs who may have influenced your cooking style

Chef Jean Pierre on U-Tube. Check him out.
  2. Codesix

Favorite Single Malt Scotch

King’s Ransom hands down smoothest I’ve ever had.
  3. Codesix

what gin for a great gin and tonic???

Sorry guys, I use Kroger diet tonic and just about any gin ( usually Costco brand-Kirkland) and they are just fine for my taste. Problem is I like ‘em too much…
  4. Codesix

George Foreman Grills

I use an older sandwich style GF grill for making bacon. I replaced the grease tray with a larger size tray and make two pounds of bacon at a time. Clean-up has always been the down fall, but less grease splatter so I felt I was ahead of the game. Never liked the idea of using the main oven to...
  5. Codesix

What's the next must have kitchen appliance?

Thumbs up on the immersion blender. Just purchased one and find many uses for it. Can’t believe I went so long without it.
  6. Codesix

Jean Pierre Cooking Site (U-Tube)

I am replying to my own thread because I’m dismayed at the lack ( 0 ) of comments on this topic. Even though it has been read 97 times, no one has made any comments good or bad. My thoughts were that this community leaned towards cooking and anything related that would inform and encourage the...
  7. Codesix

What's the next must have kitchen appliance?

Our refrigeration on the boat died, so we thought we could get by with just an ice maker. We bought one that claimed 26 # in 24 hrs ( Zlinke brand) and found it worked as advertised but found the cubes to be very small and melted quickly. They must be stored in a freezer or well insulated...
  8. Codesix

Jean Pierre Cooking Site (U-Tube)

U-Tube cooking site: This may not conform with most of the threads on this “ food “ topic, but I feel compelled to pass on what I found to be the best cooking channel on U-Tube. “ Chef Jean Pierre” has taught me more about cooking than all the others combined. He is funny, informative and has...
  9. Codesix

What are you drinking now?

Gin and tonic…a great summer drink.
  10. Codesix

Kenwood Supreme (500/600/650/700) informal user's group?

Try Northern audio repair. Located in Michigan and do all my Kenwood upgrades. Good people and reasonable.
  11. Codesix

Sharing of Receipes

A simple chicken dish: Preheat oven to 375 In mixing bowl combine 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, 3/4 cup mayo, 1- 15oz can chopped artichoke Hearts, a pinch of pepper. Quarter 4 chicken breasts. Place chicken in casserole dish. Spread artichoke mixture over chicken. Bake uncovered 30 minutes or...
  12. Codesix

Battle of the looks - Kenwood 700 vs Sansui 3000

I have the Kenwood 700T tuner as well, and like the stacked ‘rack’ look. Also the Sansui has a ‘plastic’ appearance, where the Kenwood is ‘industrial, professional grade’ looking, which I prefer. As far as sound comparison I have not heard the Sansui, so no opinion. The Kenny tuner brings it all...
Back
Top Bottom