Recent content by Cogito

1. Cogito

Best way to spend $4,000 on amp?

Jeez... For $4k, there's a LOT of great gear available new that would happily power those KEFs! Some examples... Parasound HINT 6 $3,200 Rotel RA-1592 MkII $3,200 Music Fidelity M6si $3,000
  2. Cogito

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Something a little different (For me).
  3. Cogito

Listening to my wife unendingly play TikTok videos while I'm trying to listen to tunes on my open back headphones....:wtf:
  4. Cogito

PS AUDIO Stellar Gain DAC?

No need to spend a fortune for a good DAC. Cambridge Audio DacMagic 200M
  5. Cogito

Adcom 5000 series...Best Of?

I owned the GFA-555 for a couple years and upgraded to the GFA-555 II when it came out. That 555 II served me well for 26 years without a single hiccup. I drove everything from Polk Audio SDA-2s, to Boston Acoustics A400, Magnepan MG1.4 and 1.7s and a few other in-between. I then sold it for...
  6. Cogito

ANDREW JONES (MoFi) Sourcepoint 10

There's a lot of great competition at that price point... I wish them luck.
  7. Cogito

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

Eagles' "Take it to the limit" on my Edifier S3000 PROs.
  8. Cogito

My damn air conditioner! Hot weather ruins my listening pleasure. Give me winter!
  9. Cogito

Speaker cable upgrade

This is all you need. At .90/ft, it's a steal. Super flexible, looks great and high quality. http://www.knukonceptz.com/home-theater/speaker-wire/kord-speaker-wire/sp/kord-ultra-flex-10-gauge-speaker-wire/
  10. Cogito

What are you going for with your system?

The irony is that I have spent many, many, many thousands on audio equipment over the years, but the one piece of gear that brings me the most pleasure, is my $800/pair of Edifier S3000PROs. The combination of convenience and surprising sound quality continues to astound me.
  11. Cogito

How would you describe the sound characteristics of your stereo system?

In need of a pair of Kharma Enigma Veyron 1D Loudspeakers. .
  12. Cogito

What was the last movie you watched?

We Were Soldiers
  13. Cogito

Is SACD dead?

Basically, physical mediums are essentially dead. Sure, vinyl has made a minor nostalgic comeback, but its revenue is just a drop in the bucket. As "Hi-Def" streaming becomes more and more common, SACDs will essentially go the way of the 8-Track.
  14. Cogito

Why are equalizers not more popular?

Most "audiophiles" recognize that equalizers in the analog realm can do more harm than good. However, in the digital realm (DSP), they can have a remarkable benefit. Powered subs and speakers benefit with extended and flat responses that would be difficult or impractical to implement with analog...
Back
Top Bottom