ConradH

AK Subscriber, Male, 62, from Canandaigua, NY

Subscriber

It's the motto of the minions! Jan 23, 2017

ConradH was last seen:
Viewing thread How much longer do you think you have?, Mar 24, 2017 at 2:48 PM
    1. Marine0811
      Marine0811
      Hello Conrad. I got your anme from another member and he mentioned that you may be able to fix my Marantz 2240. The display lamps are out,the tuner string is all messed up and I'm not sure what else. It is somewhat apart as that's the way I received it. If you can help please let me know. Thank you
    2. Antonios
      Antonios
      Hello.I have a Sony TA-1130 with no sound ,found destroyed trimmers for adjustments(bias and balance)replace them but i can't adjust the 25mv and still no sound....help needed.I am Anthony and i read some things you post about this amp.,and seems to me you know this device well...?
      1. ConradH
        ConradH
        Hi Antonios, It must be somebody other than me, as I've never worked on one. Sorry, but don't have anything to offer other than general troubleshooting advice- see troubleshooting on my web site.

CH
        Feb 11, 2017
        Antonios likes this.
    3. ConradH
      ConradH
      It's the motto of the minions!
    4. Binkman
      Binkman
      why post "serving evil"..
    5. Binkman
      Binkman
      tuner cap.. see the vanes and all ...
    6. Binkman
      Binkman
      Nice seeing you posting.
      That post pic is a timer cap?
      jeff
    7. ChicagoTom
      ChicagoTom
      Hello Conrad,

A fellow AKer suggested I contact you. I've just won an 1130 from the 'bay, and am considering having it sent directly to a good Sony tech for recapping. Are you interested in this project, and what would you charge for this?

I'm not in a rush to get it done, but I did tell the seller I'd let them know by Monday evening where to ship it to, so I hope you get this message soon. I may also PM you.

Thank you for your consideration!

Best regards,
      ChicagoTom
    8. gtojon
      gtojon
      Conrad- do you do any Kyocera cd player repairs? Im an original owner of one that would like to use it again, it skips and has a hard time tracking, especially longer play discs. Thanks, Jon
    9. 2billion3
      2billion3
      Hi Conradh, my name is 2billion3. Sorry to bother you, I know your busy but if you get some time can you please check out my post in the Vintage Solid State forum under Pioneer SA-1290 Stereo Amplifier and see if you can help me solve my problem. I would be gratful for your advice, thank you.
    10. KKnight
      KKnight
      Conrad- the new Nichicon KA electrolytics are out. Would like your testing and opinion if them.
    11. KKnight
      KKnight
      Like your posts and experience Conrad!
    12. Rod Beauvex
      Rod Beauvex
      Your avatar made me laugh. :D
    13. ChrisMarantz
      ChrisMarantz
      Conrad,

You have a nice web site and I'm going to add a link from my site to yours.

I enjoy reading your posts, you have a reasonable, no nonsense approach that is refreshing.

Chris
    14. BrianLW
      BrianLW
      Yes, that would be me. Audio Amateur, 1979. It was originally a senior project for RIT.
      AK is my main hangout, but I also visit Vinyl Engine and Dynaco Tube Audio Forum frequently. Once in a great while I peek into Audio Asylum, but they are a contentious bunch.
    15. BrianLW
      BrianLW
      Nice to see you here on AK. It's been a long time since Sol Heumann 5th floor!
  • About

Birthday:
    Nov 11, 1954 (Age: 62)
    Home Page:
    http://www.conradhoffman.com
    Technical Consultant
    Interested in everything. Spending the last 57 years trying to be less of a fool.

Audio, machining, glassblowing, software, wood, tool collecting, test equipment junkie, metrology of all types.

Signature

Conrad
    "Engineers prefer Hell, because there are no problems to solve in Heaven, and they're already used to the heat."