Recent content by CoogarXR

1. CoogarXR

"As the glue dries..." Post up your refoam jobs!

Well, don't hold your breath on another fabulous Mach 2 restoration. Those speakers I picked up had the woofer cones torn completely out. Oh well, can't win 'em all, lol. At least the auction was close to home, and I only paid $13 for them. The mids, tweets and cabinets/grilles are worth more...
  2. CoogarXR

Yeah, yeah, we're all shut-in, let's discover some new music together!

While I appreciate your philosophy... I would say that new music is everywhere. Even old music is new if you've never heard it. That was the purpose of this thread. Just to share some music, old or new, that "hit the spot" for you.
  3. CoogarXR

"As the glue dries..." Post up your refoam jobs!

What's up fellas? It's been a while since I posted anything on here. I just bought a pair of Mach 2's sight-unseen at an auction, so hopefully I'll have some fresh refoam action to post soon. I pick them up tomorrow. Well, I shouldn't say "sight unseen", I did see the cabinets in a picture, but...
  4. CoogarXR

What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

Today's peeve- Inconsiderate construction workers I work from home, and the weather is beautiful. I had my office window open, nice sunshine and breeze coming in... Then the neighbor is having his house painted. The workers show up, plop down a boombox, and turn on the local rock station, and...
  5. CoogarXR

Who is the most famous person you ever talked to or met?

About the most famous person I ever met was the local news anchor, lol. I delivered pizza to her house in the early 2000s. My wife ran a spray tan business back then too, and she spray tanned the weather girl from the same news station. Oh, and back in the 90s, I did telemarketing with a...
  6. CoogarXR

Small, flat screen display to use with A/V equipment for audio only?

Back when I had a media cabinet around the corner from my display, I had a 5" LCD on the cabinet door. It served the purpose just fine.
  7. CoogarXR

Lafayette Speaker Identification

That speaker gives me a University vibe. I know they made similar coaxials with similar cast frame baskets.
  8. CoogarXR

Are you an "early adopter"

I had a phase in the late 90s with actually being on top of technology. As soon as I could get one, I bought a Pentium II motherboard (and built a PC with it), a digital camera, a CD-R drive (SCSI, lol), a DVD Drive (cheaper than a stand-alone DVD movie player at the time, plus I could connect...
  9. CoogarXR

What song is stuck in your head today?

Today? It's the theme song from "Maude".
  10. CoogarXR

Speakers with questionable "upgrades"... post your findings here.

Ahh memories. That looks like every kids' wood-shop class project back in the late 80s. Grab every car speaker, TV speaker, organ speaker, whatever speakers you can find in your dad's basement or garage, and build a big-ass particle board box for them.
  11. CoogarXR

The Good Morning (Your First Logon for the Day) Thread

Morning all! After a busy week, it's supposed to storm like crazy (flood watches already issued). I have a couple ebay items to get shipped out real quick before the rain starts, and then I'm taking it easy the rest of the day.
  12. CoogarXR

Another belated g'morning to all my friends on here. I replaced the radiator in my van yesterday. I did the serpentine belt and oil change too while I was in there. What a nightmare, lol. The radiator has an oil cooler and transmission cooler built-in. So you have those 4 (rusty!) compression...
  13. CoogarXR

Good belated morning to y'all. I'm trying to psych myself up to replace the radiator in my work van this afternoon. It's supposed to be warm out. I also bought a new serpentine belt to throw on while I have everything torn out. I'm also gonna change the oil since I have to pop the oil cooler...
  14. CoogarXR

Speakers with questionable "upgrades"... post your findings here.

I can't remember the model/series of those, but I have seen them unmolested, and they do normally have the white/yellow woofers. But they should look like two of the same woofer. This one has at least had the dust cap replaced on that lower woofer, if it's not a different speaker altogether.
  15. CoogarXR

Roger Waters has re-recorded DSOTM

My old boss was named Kenny. He always forgot his password and got locked out of his account. I called him Kenny Logins. Sorry, ADHD moment. Carry on.
Back
Top Bottom