Recent content by Coopergang

1. Coopergang

BA A400’s: Replacing Ferrofluid in the Midrange - Advice Needed

So I went ahead and took apart a midrange i’m sending off to get reconed, and refoamed. I removed the dust cap to expose the voice coil, and indeed did find ferrofluid. Though it was still liquid. Should I replace the ferrofluid regardless?
  2. Coopergang

BA A400’s: Replacing Ferrofluid in the Midrange - Advice Needed

Recently I have discovered that the Boston Acoustics A400’s have a ferrofluid cooled midrange, something it shares with the A200. I came across this information through a combination of the BA facebook group, and official documentation that I will link below. I was wondering what the best way...
  3. Coopergang

Boston Acoustics A400 Front Removal

Hi, I was looking to repaint the front of my A400's as the black paint has some minor scratches that are unsightly. I was wondering if the front of the speaker is able to be removed, and or if anyone has any better ideas on how to repaint it.
  4. Coopergang

Boston Acoustics A400s

I was lucky enough to have these handed down to me. Love them to death and could not ask for more from a set of speakers, with the right amp they sound fantastic.
  5. Coopergang

Boston Acoustics A400s

I love the look of both the A200's and A400's, no other speaker looks as nice to me as those do. I think it's just because they are the opposite of what other speakers look like, wide instead of extending outwards, and integrate way better into a living space.
  6. Coopergang

Boston Acoustics A400s

Recently moved into a new apartment and was able to properly setup my A400's. I have them about 6 feet apart and the listening space is about 8 feet back. They sound amazing! I recently discovered the woofers were out of phase and after fixing that I genuinely cannot tell the difference between...
  7. Coopergang

Rate YOUR Speakers You Own Right NOW.

Boston Acoustics A400's - 10 (at least in my eyes) Favorite speakers though I have limited experience with others Boston Acoustics A70's - 8 Amazing speakers that sound much bigger than they are. Easily driven and look fantastic. Boston Acoustics A40's - 6 Garage Speakers and amazing ones at...
  8. Coopergang

Boston Acoustics A400: General Help/Info

Long time no see, don't know if anyone will see this, but I have my own place, and with that I have properly set my A400's up. They sound much better with a wider space available to them and without a 6 foot tall dresser between them. Though I'm guessing the tv in the way isn't the best for the...
  9. Coopergang

Continuing the restoration of my beloved Boston Acoustics A400's

Continuing the restoration of my beloved Boston Acoustics A400's
  10. Coopergang

Help with placement and room treatment: Boston Acoustics A400

I like to be directly in front of the speakers like 10 feet back on a rocking chair. Im figuring that ill get rid of of my dresser and just have the speakers by themselves on each side of a proper rack. Ill take pictures of my room so everyone has a better view of where everything is. EDIT: i...
  11. Coopergang

Help with placement and room treatment: Boston Acoustics A400

I gave them a lot more room, sounds a lot better. Ill try moving everything around as everyone says, keep up the suggstions.
  12. Coopergang

Overwhelmed with options

I think the zone 2 audio out works as a preout. Im ordering the Audiosource Amp 310, ill try it out.
  13. Coopergang

Overwhelmed with options

On the back of my Sony the ony preout I see is Zone 2 audio out. That would work to connect a power amp? Would the sony still play the subwoofer connected if its playing through zone 2?
  14. Coopergang

Overwhelmed with options

Hi im currently in a bit of a situation, ive been looking for a power-amp or a pre/power-amp combo. I am completely overwhelmed by the amount of options and woud like help boiling them down. I have a pair of boston acoustics A400’s currently powered (bi-amped through extra channels) by a sony...
  15. Coopergang

Show Off Your Small Listening Space

My boston acoustics A400’s, I love them more than anything!
Back
Top Bottom