Recent content by Cosmin2000

1. Cosmin2000

Kenwood L-07M Listening Impressions...

Greetings! I do not have the L-07M monoblocks, but the L-05Ms. Hope this evaluation is of any use to someone looking for a preamp that make "magic" with these L-05M. I will choose always the Luxman CL-30 (tube amp) over L-07CII or Accuphase C-222. I have experimented with all three preamps...
  2. Cosmin2000

YAMAHA B-3 on the way...to me!

YAMAHA C-1 and Victor JM-S7. You can't go wrong with this combination. I must admit, I admire your pursuit exclusively for V-FET amplification. Wally, I see that you also have the Trio L-07M mono amps. How do these compare to the B-3s in BTL mode? Are they better?
  3. Cosmin2000

Greetings to all! I am always delighted to read your comparative impressions regarding the YAMAHA V-FET power amps. As I told you in my previous posts, I was piloting my first B-3 with the laptop at first which has caused a few issues, and a Luxman L-5 with full recap. The B-3 and L-5 made a...
  4. Cosmin2000

Calling All Yamahas. Time to Post Your Pics

The NS-10M monitors are leaving. The B-3 will never leave. I am sure I will buy them again in the near future, loved the sound of these small but wonderful speakers.
  5. Cosmin2000

Kensonic/Accuphase owners show your stuff.

Any experiences with the Accuphase C-240 preamplifier from 1979? Back in the day it was the Accuphase top preamp, costing 400000 yen, until C-280 was launched in 1982.
  6. Cosmin2000

noviygera, congrats for your B-3. I am looking forward to hear your impressions regarding the sound comparison between B-3 and B-2. What are the speakers and the rest of your equipment? P.S.: rottalpha has the best from golden age of YAMAHA in that picture, although the picture can be improved...
  7. Cosmin2000

Yamaha B-3 Rebuild

Exquisite restoration, zaibatsu! Congratulations and thanks for sharing your hard work with us. Please let me know how do they sound now? Looking forward to your impressions.
  8. Cosmin2000

I like them alot, especially what sits on top of them. Have you concealed any power amps inside those stands?:D I am up to listen to my YAMAHAs, right now Allan Taylor - Beat Hotel is performing. Still in China, so here is GMT+8 hours, daylight.
  9. Cosmin2000

rottalpha, yeah you have a tough first day of the year... I do not want to be in your shoes.:) I wouldn't know which one I should listen first. Now you are making me search for those beefy STAX monaurals. Where are the BX-1s and how do they compare to these STAX beauties? Tell me more about the...
  10. Cosmin2000

Happy new year, dear friends! YAMAHA B-3 and NS-10M monitor speakers make a very good match even without a proper preamp and CD-player. The next test will be with the Trio L-07CII preamplifier and the B-3s in BTL mode driving the NS-1000M speakers. I am looking forward to this for years...
  11. Cosmin2000

Kenwood L-07M Vs L-07MII

Greetings, Wally! I have the smaller brothers Trio L-05Ms and the Trio L-07CII preamp (all on 100V). I was unable to find enough time to listen to this combination (with my YAMAHA NS-1000M speakers) to have a final and clear verdict. I have listened like 4 year ago to Trio L-05Ms and YAMAHA...
  12. Cosmin2000

Yamaha M-5000

If only I had 10k to spend I would buy these Luxman C-7i plus B-10 power amplifiers. In addition, I will insert into the basket a B-3 V-FET power amp. Sorry, YAMAHA, you got way to greedy this time with your M-5000...
  13. Cosmin2000

Kenwood L-08M Restoration + L-08PS!!!

These L-08M amps are also on my short list, Connor! Found a set of these in China with the external supplies L-08PS. Also a friend of mine in Romania has the whole set, including the L-08C preamplifier, this time on 220V. Looking forward to see your restoration and your thoughts regarding the...
  14. Cosmin2000

Best Yamaha preamp ever

It depends on the market. I can buy not one, but many C-2X preamps, 100V, with approximately 900 USD. However, at this price there are also Accuphase C-200X, Accuphase C-222, Luxman CL-32 (tube preamp) or Luxman C-06. I know that the C-2X is a masterpiece, but the other models are also in a this...
  15. Cosmin2000

Waving the TRIO flag

A trio of Trios from Laboratory series, Japan models.
Back
Top Bottom