Share This Page

costerdock

Super Member, 52, from Prescott, AZ

costerdock was last seen:
Jul 14, 2018 at 6:45 PM
    1. PatrickE
      PatrickE
      ............3/3
      . Now, not having a crystal ball, fast forward to last night LOL......I can return it for $2050 and will have overpayed in a sense for the mc275, and will be giving up this amp that I wont ever see at that price, let alone don't see many on the secondary market. Does that make sense? I could very well return it to the seller, but rather go the UPS claim route because of this. Yes a very twisted web I have spun here! We shall see what comes of this I will keep you posted! -Patrick
    2. PatrickE
      PatrickE
      .........2/3
      We chat, his father owned the 2200 before him he can prove it, had factory Cabinet, bought the 275 from the original owner audiophile, all original packaging down to the mac plastic bag for the unit, white gloves for tubes, walnut wood case for tubes, manual, etc. Very nice gentleman from Texas. I take a stab at him and offer $5,250 delivered on everything Ill take em both and pay immediately. He said yes. So, for ebay sake, he says, ok ill make the 275 a buy it now at the $3,200, and drop the C2200 listing to $2,050 buy it now if you can do it immediately. This effectively accommodated my total offer of $5,250 so we execute the deal...Awesome, I was stoked.
    3. PatrickE
      PatrickE
      Hey Costerdock, btw been to Prescott before...beautiful place, as Im sure you now know the locals say "Press-kit" I always thought that was funny. So I wanted to PM you as I didn't want to divulge all the juicy details of my purchase in public. The particular gentleman I purchased this gear from Had a 1999 or so MC275 Stainless Steel for sale and this C2200 simultaneously on ebay. I had been watching like a hawk at listings to eventually get this exact set up to try out. This guys listings hit, the starting bid is $3,200 I think it was for the 275, and a buy it now option for the 2200 at $3,500 I believe it was. ....CONTINUED IN 2nd Message
    4. sfox52
      sfox52
      How are you liking Prescott? We are in central MD thinking about a slower paced locale & we don't like humidity. Where did you move from?
  • About

Birthday:
    Dec 18, 1965 (Age: 52)

Signature

McIntosh C220 Preamp * Klipsch Cornwall Decorators * VPI Classic Grado Ref Master * KAB Technics M5G DV 10X5 * Cambridge Audio 840c CD/DAC * VTA M125 Monoblocks