Recent content by Couldbfishin

1. C

List the top 3 best sounding speakers you have ever owned.

I listened to Marantz and other 70's receivers with several KLH and AR speakers for years. I now have McIntosh amps and preamps and listen primarily to JBL L150, L110, and other brands of speakers. I favor JBL speakers. I have a McIntosh MC452 amp now, with 450 watts both channels driven...
  2. C

Help troubleshooting Luxman R-105 stereo receiver :)

This week I bought online in an estate sale a Luxman R-105 receiver. From the photos I suspect it was stored in an attic or garage as it is pretty dirty. However, the auction says it does power up but it is untested. I paid $17.50 for the receiver, and I will pick it up tomorrow. Like...
  3. C

Want to know what speakers you are using for your McIntosh Gear

I have been using JBL L150s with my MC-452 but I am thinking about different speakers. I will read through this thread again, but if anyone has something to suggest please send me a PM. I am interested in Klipsch speakers but don't know much about them yet. What models are a suitable match?
  4. C

Empire Royal Grenadier 9000M speakers

Wayne, I looked more closely at your photos. Your speakers are in excellent condition. Very attractive. The pair I found for sale will undoubtedly need some TLC before they could look this nice.
  5. C

Wayne, this is the speaker I am talking about. Have you heard them? How do they sound? Have you rebuilt them? Any issues? The pair I have found look to be in about this condition. Thanks
  6. C

Empire Scientific Model 8200 Imperial Grenadier bookshelf speakers I found a pair of these for sale and was curious about them. Never seen them before. All the information I find is about the 9000's and very little about the 8200 bookshelf model. Very interesting speakers from what I did find...
  7. C

Need advice on- MC300, MC352, MC2200, MC2205, MC2250, MC2255, MC2300 , MC7200, MC7270 and MC7300

With Richard1079's question I had cause to reread this entire thread that I started in 2019. I learned so much from the responses. I thought I would provide an update if anyone is still following it. I bought the MC452 from Audio Classics and love it. I moved it upstairs into the game room and...
  8. C

Want to know what speakers you are using for your McIntosh Gear

Two sets of Mac gear, vintage and not so much. C20 with two MC40 mono-blocks from the 1950's driving KLH 5's, and MC 452 with C34 driving JBL L150s. Also have KLH model 6's and 20's, JBL L110s, Warfdales, AR2As, B&W Nautilus and some other nostalgic book-self speakers I have wired to mostly...
  9. C

B&W 805 D2 front speakers, center and powered sub-woofer/ which McIntosh separates?

Thanks Duane. I am still studying and learning about my new Sony A8G 4K UHD TV. I also purchased a Sony 4K Blu Ray deck. I am using the old Denon AV receiver now, but not passing the Video signal through it. I understand the later model AV receivers pass the audio and video signal through the...
  10. C

Need advice on- MC300, MC352, MC2200, MC2205, MC2250, MC2255, MC2300 , MC7200, MC7270 and MC7300

Tom Williams aka Catrafter on AK. Here is a link to his website- www.VintageElectronicsRestprationService.com Tom has restored a couple of Marantz receivers for me and he does excellent work. He photographed his work, before and after, and kept me updated a couple of times each week. That...
  11. C

B&W 805 D2 front speakers, center and powered sub-woofer/ which McIntosh separates?

A few months back I bought a used set of B&W speakers. This included 805 D2 bookshelf or stand mount speakers, a center speaker and a powered sub-woofer. I also bought with the package a McIntosh C34V pre-amp and the seller threw in a Denon 110 watt 7.1 AV receiver. I think the seller had used a...
  12. C

Rebuilding- Denon DP-47F turntable, Sargeant Rayment 17-17 integrated preamp/amp, Fisher 700...

Rebuilding- Denon DP-47F turntable, Sargeant Rayment 17-17 integrated preamp/amp, Fisher 700. Recording- 1920's jazz- 78 records onto CD.
  13. C

C34V with CR7 remote control- restore or trade/sell for newer model

Thanks Mike G. for the recommendation on the MCD-205. I will watch for a good deal on one while using the 7000. I do like having a multi-disc changer at times. If they are dependable and quiet. And Terry, good to hear from you. I totally agree with your comment. I had a AKer retip a Denon...
  14. C

C34V with CR7 remote control- restore or trade/sell for newer model

As an update.. Audio Classics did a fantastic job restoring both the C34V pre-amp and the CR-7 remote/monitor amp. They said the C34 had a bad resistor and some loose soldered connections, but was otherwise in very good shape. They said it was restored to factory specifications and sounded and...
  15. C

Can anyone recommend a good shop to recap Denon DP47F?

Thanks for the phone number and name. I will call him to see what experience he has with Denon DP47F turntables. Is your C20 the older, middle or newer style? I didn't know which mine was until I started looking for the cabinet. Then I realized there were different face plates and cabinet...
Back
Top Bottom