Recent content by cowdog360

1. cowdog360

Question about channel issue on AU-717

Hello, I recently did a full Leestereo style recap and upgrade on a friends AU-717. He's telling me that now the right channel occasionally drops out, and now when it is working it has less bass than the left. After he turns it on/off a few times the channel comes back. I'm curious as to...
  2. cowdog360

Kenwood 8100 Repair - Need Advice

The issue happens if I have either left or right coupled, I've tried it one channel at a time and same behaviour. I'll dig into it a little bit more here shortly and check the voltages. Thanks for the direction!
  3. cowdog360

Kenwood 8100 Repair - Need Advice

Hello, I'm working on an KA-8100 for a fellow AK'er here in WA. I gave it a good internal cleaning today and DeOxit'ed all of the pots and switches. The problem he was having before was that it was popping when the switches were pushed and eventually it just stopped working. He was running...
  4. cowdog360

Where to find 2230b faceplate?

Picked up another 2230B this weekend, but sadly the face has circular marks around the faceplate screws. Where would a good source for a clean faceplate be? Thanks!
  5. cowdog360

Need help identifying issue with KA-8300

52.0V on the right one, -52.2V on the left one. Again when I stick the positive probe on the capacitor lead, the noise goes away. Bottom of the caps have some white residue, but I don't think it is leakage. Noise is also present at headphone jack. Could Dk1/2 be going bad?
  6. cowdog360

I'm trying to remember when I noticed things. I know I tested after I put new caps in. I tested after the Relay an a new 1N4004 diode for the relay, and tested after a new driver transistor. Then I did all the resistors except the one 120ohm which I had to run out and get that other big one...
  7. cowdog360

30.19V on pin 6. It's auto ranging, so I'm not 100% sure what scale, but it's not set to mV.
  8. cowdog360

All of those points are reading 0. Not sure where the regulator board, but pin 4 on the PSU is -30, and Pin 5 is 0. I did find a bridged connection on one of the TA100W's, but alas, it didn't solve anything. BTw the Meter is a "Metex" brand.. I've had it forever.
  9. cowdog360

Ok, I'll check those things. I'm using a DMM set to DC voltages. I was measuring voltages between the resistors. It was just an odd effect that when I was probing between the two legs of RK6, the noise decreased, and probing the legs of RK1 caused a line hum sound. I'm hoping that maybe all...
  10. cowdog360

Hmm. I can't find anything loose, odd, or shorted. What does the other transistor in the PSU do? Ooh, I did find someting wierd. When I hook up a voltmeter to check voltage while it's running between the leads of Rk6, the sound almost completely goes away. If you hook it between Rk1, I...
  11. cowdog360

Ok, so I hear the noise in both channels no matter which position the switch is in. What a stumper. I swear this didnt happen until after I put R1 and R2 back in. I'm double checking all the connections but don't see anything wierd yet. DC offset in left channel is -9.7mv, right is -1.4mv...
  12. cowdog360

Ok, I'll have to check things out but what I know for sure: It seems to be only after working on the power supply, and yes, it is happening on both channels. I swear I've already tried switching the back panel to seperate and still had the same issue. I'll have to re-check that again and...
  13. cowdog360

Hello, I just got done reworking the power supply on my KA-8300 amp. It plays music wonderfully with no distortion or issues. However, there is a sound you can hear from both channels no matter if the volume is all the way down or up, regardless of input. It's like a faint ticking/hum. I...
  14. cowdog360

Realistic STA-700 vs STA-7

Have you already cleaned out all the controls? It's kind of a pain to get to everything without lots of work. Recapping it on the other hand looks easy!
  15. cowdog360

Realistic STA-700 vs STA-7

I also just picked up a sta-7, and am working on it. Have to get some new bulbs, and deoxit things more since the mono button is causing right channel issues. Looking at the insides of the STA-700 vs. the STA-7, it looks like the 700 is a completely different board/unit inside. I would...
Back
Top Bottom