Recent content by crn3371

1. crn3371

Wireless speakers help

Wireless home audio speakers are wireless in that they don’t need a wired connection between them and the source, but they DO need wires to power them.
  2. crn3371

Can anyone identify these cables?

The lack of fancy heat shrink at the terminations and lack of labeling lends me to think they might be diy.
  3. crn3371

Favorite vinyl online reference guide sites?

I’ve always used Discogs.com
  4. crn3371

Reputable, used Hi-Fi dealers?

The Music Room in Colorado, tmraudio.com
  5. crn3371

Anti virus software for Windows 10 - any recommendations?

Just use the one that built into Windows.
  6. crn3371

Streaming From a Laptop vs a Streamer...

I started my streaming journey using a MacBook Pro running Audirvana into the built-in DAC on an Anthem STR integrated amp. Jumping down the upgrade rabbit hole I decided to try out a BlueSound Node as my streaming source, I really didn’t notice any difference in SQ so back it went. Still...
  7. crn3371

Unbalanced interconnects length

Circumstances have forced me to reconfigure my system layout and now my turntable requires 12’-15’ of cable to reach my integrated amp. I was using my amps built-in phono stage (Anthem STR) but now need to use a phono preamp because of the distance. Will rca interconnects be a problem going from...
  8. crn3371

Buying A New TV. Anyone Have Soundbar Recommendations?

We have the older SONOS Playbar and it’s fantastic, the newer Arc is supposed to be even better.
  9. crn3371

Anyone have experience with wireless transmitter speaker kits?

I’ve been using Rocketfish wireless speaker and wireless subwoofer units for years with no issues.
  10. crn3371

DAC - Balanced and RCA outs - running simultaneoulsy

You’ll be just fine.
  11. crn3371

So I rearranged my listening room....WOW

I’m sure others more knowledgeable than myself will chime in, but I think you could do MUCH better if you separated the subs rather than have them side by side
  12. crn3371

Pro-ject anyone?

I have an Xtension 10 and have no desire to upgrade. It’s relatively pricey at $5k without cartridge, rather mundane looking, but it weighs a ton and is dead silent.
  13. crn3371

How to connect a vintage amp to wireless speakers

He’s going to need something like SONOS. The SONOS speakers of his choice plus the SONOS Port to act as the interface with his vintage receiver. Not going to be cheap though.
  14. crn3371

Left & Right Subs for Hi-Fi?

I’m running L/R stereo REL subs with my Merlin TSM’s and the sound is fantastic, way better than a single sub.
Back
Top Bottom