crooner
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hi crooner!! Would you be able to restore my 7t ? I can’t wait to pair it with my 8b ! Looking forward to hearing from you Thanks
    Hi Crooner - love your writings on your model 7 resto. Super informative. In a thread on Another forum you mention: “I use an external switch box to power it up. The box has a thermistor to provide a soft start feature (saves tubes!) and also reduces the AC voltage to a more comfortable 115 to 117 Volts”

Can you point me to where I can purchase such box? Or did you custom build it?

Thanks - Mike
    Hi Crooner, thanks for sharing alot of helpful information on this forum. I'm a hobbyist that's addicted to audio equipments. I live in Los Angels and I need to send you a private message or email. I'm new to this forum as a member...
    My email address is:

maestromusic25@gmail.com

Please email me to get to the subject that I need to talk to you about...
    Hi Crooner, I have seen your videos on Youtube, You must have a lot of nice equipment. I have some nice pieces aswell. Did you know anyone of the Original Marantz crew? Please get in touch. Thanks
    Reactions: crooner
    crooner
    crooner
    Thank you ancien. Unfortunately I don't know anyone of the original crew. Most have passed, I believe? Dick Sequerra is still alive.
    Reactions: ancien
    ancien
    ancien
    I know a friend of Sid Smith. Smith died in 2000 and Marantz in 1997. My IG is @marantzhistory so I post the history on there. But your units are nice. I like every video you have on YT. Still want to obtain a 10 tho! Thx
    Dear Crooner, Thanks a lot for trying to identify the version of TAKE the A TRAIN, which Willis Conover used as an intro to his JAZZ HOUR program. To my regret, when I listened to Ellington's UPTOWN, I found that this version wasn't the one that Willis Connover used. It isn't pure instrumental but with Betty Riche singing. Regards, Albertan
    crooner
    crooner
    Yes, apparently there is a purely instrumental one with the same arrangement. I don't know the album it appears on. Thanks to digital editing I was able to recreate the version used by conover using the Uptown recording. Turned out pretty good. I had it on YouTube for a few years but took it down due to the copyright police!
    Hello Crooner, I congratulate you for you're Marantz system and you dedicated passion to restore these piece of history. I nearly read all of your subject, from you're 8B restoration to the acquisition of your two model 9 last year.

Continue your good work !
    Hi Crooner,

Have a Marantz 7, S/N 13544 that has a bad balance control. Was noisy, while in shop getting the phono section repaired, they sprayed it with cleaner and now it doesn't function, believe the wiper got fried.

Any suggestions on how to replace it? I see in an earlier post you recommended using an Allen Bradley J type, believe this should be 1 meg linear.

Regards,

-Ed
    Hi Crooner,

You seem to have a good knowledge of Accuphase amps ans wondered if you knew where I could source some replacement transistors for a 1986 E-205? I have a pic of the damaged items but not sure I can attach it to this message.

Cheers

Peter (flemo).
    I agree.I've got an Audio Research Classic 60 and Quicksilver Silver 60 Monoblocks but for reasons,I guess,only Marantz owners understand I keep using the old Marantz.Maybe it's the sound I remember.Of course,the 7C that came with it probably has a lot to do with that.
    Hi crooner, I found an old thread that you were in that involved a pioneer sx 850. I have one here that is acting up. What was wrong with the one you had/have when you replaced the transistors and resistors? Thanks.
    Hola Crooner, vi un post donde seguías paso a paso la restauración de un 8b.Tengo por aquí un Amplificador Integrado Cayin A-50 que dice ser una copia, o mas bién un fusil del 8b, sabes algo se eso?
    Hi Nestor, btw I got your name from hifi_nut's message who added you as a friend. Now the reason I messaged you...

I accidentall stumbled upon one of your old old threads about a Pioner SX-850 with no relay engaging or audio output. I have an SX-1010 that has the exact symptoms. In your last post, you said you were going to replace the regulator transistors on the power supply board. I was wondering how that turned out. I'dreally appreciate if you share the experience. Thanks a lot and Merry Christmas.

Des
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom