Recent content by crouse

1. crouse

why do recording engineers do this ?

I know I've posted this sometime in the past but don't remember where: I'm not a fan of pianos that are mic'd from the player's perspective. In other words, it sounds like I am sitting at the piano and the high notes are coming from the right and the low notes from the left. When I listen to...
  2. crouse

How much would you expect to pay for a Marantz 22 receiver?

Not that badly. More casual interest.
  3. crouse

How much would you expect to pay for a Marantz 22 receiver?

There is a Marantz 22 for sale local to me. Looks good and the seller claims everything works. Of course, it may need new caps, etc. He's asking $1000. Good deal, bad deal?
  4. crouse

My recent DIY speakers and stands

I'm impressed. Nice work!
  5. crouse

Seeking Recommendations - Warm/Non-Fatiguing Speakers

Maybe used KEF LS 50's.
  6. crouse

Vocals are always to the left… how to correct?

This is why I have to have a balance control. Sometimes my hearing is imbalanced, sometimes it's not. I'll never understand the demise of the balance control. If balance and tone controls cause a decrease in sound quality, my ears aren't good enough to hear it. But, that's a different...
  7. crouse

Marantz SA-KI Ruby CD/SACD Player in the house

Hate to read that. Have you called Music Direct? They might be willing to take a return on it.
  8. crouse

Holy Grail Turntables

Beautiful
  9. crouse

Holy Grail Turntables

There are a gazzillion tables I would like to hear, but I drool over the looks of the Woodsong Garrards.
  10. crouse

Why does this combo sound so good?

I can't tell you why, but I will say my La Scalas sounded better with a low powered Sansui receiver than with a McIntosh MAC 4100. Maybe someone else can provide a technical explanation,
  11. crouse

Why Do People Lose the Love of Music?

I once said that most people hear all the music they will ever be passionate about by the time they are 16. I think it has to do with hormones.
  12. crouse

Any cool audio related Christmas gifts?

It's a Vevor 6 liter. It's one of the inexpensive ones available from Amazon. It does a good job, I would say a little better than the Record Doctor vacuum RCM I was using. In addition, the Record Doctor machine is so loud I wore ear plugs while using it and it required that the user...
  13. crouse

If it’s good enough for Rick Rubin it has to be good system ID’s

I think those are Zellaton speakers in the first picture
  14. crouse

McIntosh c500 DAC setup...I need help

This. I thought one of the inputs on my MA7900 was bad until I realized I had renamed it something else.
Back
Top Bottom