Recent content by csparks75

1. csparks75

Magnavox 9300 modification rumination

Awesome, I'll start putting together the parts. Kward, currently the unit has been restored to stock and works well. I just want some extra. Also, I'm addicted now. ;-) Thanks for the help, guys!
  2. csparks75

I'll have to do some recon to determine what the tuner wants today as the tuner and amp schematics I have can't seem to agree. The amp schematic claims that it is sending 325v via the molex and the tuner schematic is claiming to receive 250v 40ma from the molex. :dunno: So, is there a...
  3. csparks75

Last question before I finish this thread up. Given that I'm using the console speakers and tuner, will I really see any benefit by modifying? Thanks!
  4. csparks75

Magnavox 9304 / Imperial Update

How would you describe "big boost"?
  5. csparks75

Ok, I've examined the schematics for both the 9304-10 amp and the tuner. On the SAMS schematics I have, it shows with that stock 5u4gb that the tuner gets 325v feed after the choke. However, maybe a typo here, but on the tuner schematic that wire says 250v 40ma supply off of the choke. For...
  6. csparks75

Ok, I'll take a look here in a bit to check my speaker sensitivity. In the meantime, I've looked at the schematic for Dave's modifications and believe I understand how to modify mine. But question for me right now is how I need to modify the component values given that I'm keeping the console...
  7. csparks75

Is this sarcasm? :-) I'm just trying to make this replace a cheap Sony 25 year old SS receiver. Certainly it can do that given the same speakers, which aren't shitty by my reckoning.
  8. csparks75

Looking for help identifying cartridge/needle on Magnavox S600

Oh, that's sweet....I dig!
  9. csparks75

I've replaced every component in the aux and phono signal chain, including discrete components for the combined ones. It sounds great at lower volumes. I just can't drive it as hard as I want with clarity I know it can do. I'm not usually one who wants hand holding, but I'm a noob to some...
  10. csparks75

Indeed, I'm looking at an external solution for the bucking. I think I'm most interested in the efb and how to make that work with my configuration.
  11. csparks75

Howdy, now that I've been running my Magnavox 9304 as a daily listener for a few days, I've noticed the following: Transformer gets relatively hot. I'll be able to give a measurement on Wednesday, but to my fingers, it feels quite hot. I hesitate to even mention this, as it may be operating...
  12. csparks75

What does the front of the console look like? And what amplifier came in it?
  13. csparks75

I believe we have the same player and cartridge. I found the following to replace that cartridge (Magnavox 560305-1): Astatic 461D, Arista 1796, Electro-Voice 127,127D. Good luck!
  14. csparks75

Magnavox turntable power bypass clarification

Thanks very much! I'm just trying not to blow shit up here. :rflmao:
  15. csparks75

Magnavox turntable power bypass clarification

Howdy! Thanks to everyone here, I have finished with my restoration of my Magnavox 9304 along with the tuner module. However, I'm wanting to use a different turntable. Question: In the attached picture, I have shorted the hot and switched power wires to the magnavox turntable. Will this...
Back
Top Bottom