Recent content by cwall99

1. cwall99

New-to-me Philips AF-829 Turntable

I have the same issue with mine, but, in the big picture, licking the tip of my finger just doesn't seem like anything to worry about. I have the same issue with mine. But I did what you did. I think I might upgrade what I use (four pieces of thick felt - but then, I have the turntable...
  2. cwall99

New-to-me Philips AF-829 Turntable

I bought this turntable at a Tech HiFi store in East Lansing's going-out-of-business sale in January of 1981. I still run it as my everyday turntable. I think it sounds awesome. Granted, a turntable shouldn't sound like anything. It should spin your disks at 33 1/3 RPM and get out of the way so...
  3. cwall99

No new music after 30.

This is about as perfect a summary of my continuing musical evolution as I think I'll ever read. Thanks. Definitely finding lots of old music. Just added Link Wray to my Pandora feed after hearing who he was. Now that whole 60s California Surf music, especially the edgier, or more aggressive...
  4. cwall99

Answer The Question With A Question Game

Did Euell Gibbons die of natural causes?
  5. cwall99

B&W CDM7 SE

Well, you aren't that far from Chicago or Minneapolis. Both towns have some nice boutique gear manufacturers. Here in the Detroit area, I'm saving my pennies to buy myself some Salk speakers. Salk has a small plant in Pontiac, and he builds some truly exquisite speakers. Check 'em out here...
  6. cwall99

Do some audiophiles really prefer flat frequency response?

I dunno why, but that struck me as pretty damn funny!!! I definitely Led OL.
  7. cwall99

Do some audiophiles really prefer flat frequency response?

It appears to me that, as in so many other issues, we have two schools of thought: Set up your system so it sounds best to you Set up your system to reproduce, as accurately as possible, what transpired in the recording studio. I like to think the two are closely intertwined, but hearing and...
  8. cwall99

This may be the MOST tasteless trailer ever (NSFW)

More like Sesame Street on crack. But I thought it was funny!
  9. cwall99

This may be the MOST tasteless trailer ever (NSFW)

Robbie Robertson fan?
  10. cwall99

Do you like horns?

I know lots of people like 'em for their efficiency, but when I hear horns, I'm almost always reminded of people cupping their hands around their mouths and yelling. Not all horns that I've heard have produced this effect, but most have.
  11. cwall99

Klipsch 5.5 buzz buzz and the back fell off help please

Are these new or vintage speakers? If new, why not just return them before you do something that voids the warranty? Ah! Never mind. I went back and googled 'em. I see they're at least 21 years old. You know, there are lots of threads on here where people get into "Which is better? Modern or...
  12. cwall99

Looking for Compact SUV Advice

I like the Chevy Equinox. I'm on my third. Relax. I lease them. Well, I totaled one. But I've had a 2015 LT, a 2017 LS, and am now driving a 2018 LT (with extra goodies). The 2018 is a nice upgrade over the previous generation. The four-cylinder is surprisingly small in it, but, because it's...
  13. cwall99

Speaker ID

Me either. Fat lotta good I am..... Looks like something with an early effort at an omnidirectional tweeter array. Also kinda reminds me of a very primitive looking version of my brother's 1980-vintage Bose 601s. But it looks like it pre-dates Bose by quite a long time. Any markings on it to...
  14. cwall99

Roseanne Again Noooo!

Oh.... I thought that was what Modern Family was.
Back
Top Bottom