Recent content by Cylontymany

1. Cylontymany

Realistic Mach 2 opinions

I had Mach 2s and found the bass to be muddy sounding. But if you do a recap of the crossovers the sound would improve some. They are what they are!
  2. Cylontymany

Beyerdynamic DT-770 which is the best?

I was looking at the 80ohm since its easier to drive with or without amplication.
  3. Cylontymany

Beyerdynamic DT-770 which is the best?

Pro or Studio 80 or 32 ohm looking at these options.
  4. Cylontymany

Low wattage Sansui 441 paired with ADS-L520

I have the 551 just get some 8ohm high efficient (sensitivity) speakers. Say at least 90db and above should work great.
  5. Cylontymany

Are SpeakerLab speakers well regarded?

You dont see them much because everyone is hangin on to them!
  6. Cylontymany

Shure cartridge advice?

+1 M91 There are nice replacement styli available depending how much you want to spend.
  7. Cylontymany

Why does everyone hate Fisher speakers

Whew! There are some sleeper Fisher Speakers but Im not ready to let the cat outa the bag yet... However. The Japan based STE-1200 speakers to me were the best effort for Fisher. But good luck finding them.
  8. Cylontymany

Sony STR-6050 Experts

Looking to get this restored. So far all the AK Techs I have contacted are out of action for a while. Main concern is the FM Stereo seems to crack and pop which is a known issue. Is there anybody else out there that can help? Thanks
  9. Cylontymany

Jensen OPC 24 and OPC 25 Speakers

Saw your video on Youtube. Mine 24s are restored now and sound great. Do you know what the sensitivity db rating are?
  10. Cylontymany

Jensen OPC Series

Does anyone know what the sensitivity db for the 24 and 25? I have all the other specs.
  11. Cylontymany

HiFi Heaven Falls Church, VA Permanently Closed

Its people like him that are ruining this hobby and guilty of the absurd prices people are trying to sell vintage gear these days. Even in todays world those prices are way above and beyond their worth. Unless its a extremely rare piece. Maybe. Keep in mind that these You Tube folks that have...
  12. Cylontymany

Sonicap Capacitor Cost

Yes the Polk folks are dead set on using the 34uf instead of a 33uf Its a shame that Sonicap is the only one producing that value. And I will +1 on the Clarity Cap CSA they are the best bang for the buck. But to be politically Polk correct I will most likely get the 34uf for my Polk Monitor 7B...
  13. Cylontymany

Sonicap Capacitor Cost

Well, They have a Monopoly on Polk Speakers using the 34uf Maybe one reason.
  14. Cylontymany

Pioneer HPM 100 Crossover Upgrade by GR-Research

I wonder if anyone going to try one of these kits? Just because! This reminds me and is similar of the Dennis Murphy crossover upgrade I did for my for the JBL L-100s. And I like it. Is it perfect? No! I guess we will just have to wait until someone tries Dannys kit...
Back
Top Bottom