Recent content by D. Hawthorne

1. D. Hawthorne

A Note from Darrel Hawthorne

Hey Guys, I just wanted to take a minute here this morning and acknowledge all these wonderful responses, very much appreciated. We are hosting the Blue Oval Boys (Ford) later this week so that they can check out the room /speakers and see what sort of space we have available for future...
  2. D. Hawthorne

Hey Guys, Thanks! That’ very nice to hear and very much appreciated! I put together a playlist with a couple hundred songs, we also took in many requests and played a lot of guests CD selections so it really hard to tell. One song (male vocal) that comes to mind is Allan Taylor doing...
  3. D. Hawthorne

Hey Guys, I would like to personally thank each of you that stopped into our room this past weekend. Thanks also to Grumpy and his staff for helping make this possible! We got a chance to visit with a lot of our old friends and was able to meet many new ones. Thanks for all the kind words...
  4. D. Hawthorne

Big Thank you from Hawthorne Audio

Hey Guys, What a nice set of responses to wake up to.... Truly a great way to start one's day . Thank you all. Looking forward to next year and putting some faces to these names. Cheers, Darrel
  5. D. Hawthorne

Hey Rich, Thanks for the kind words. Many guys asked me how all this works and it was fun to see the looks on the faces of the "New to OB's" and specificaly , high end coaxials. Where is the tweeter? Why don't you have an enclouser? You are only using 1.5 watts ????? :scratch2: Very...
  6. D. Hawthorne

Hey jcmjrt, Thanks, always a pleasure to share music and food with friends. Cheers, Darrel :thmbsp:
  7. D. Hawthorne

Hey Kegger, Thank you very much for the kind words. I would like to refrain from self promoting on Grumpy's Dime so please contact me directly for more info on DIY or finished speakers. I just love having DIY'S and commercial speaker builders both using our line of drivers.:banana...
  8. D. Hawthorne

Hey Guys, It is with great pleasure that I am writing to you today. We would like to thank the people responsible for this opportunity and express thanks to each of you that stopped in to meet us and experience our work, very much appreciated. Diana and I are slowly recovering from the...
  9. D. Hawthorne

Hello From Michigan

Hey Dnewma04, Thanks, I suspect Marshall will look mostly unchanged from your last visit. We are the stereotypical town that time forgot. Each year we have our annual historic home tour and folks from all over come here to tour these beautiful old homes. We do home improvements...
  10. D. Hawthorne

Hello From Michigan

Hey Ejfud, That is very kind of you to say, Thank you Yes, I am bringing all the performance grade drivers, finished speakers as well as raw drivers. We will also be showing off the new Sterling Silver Iris drivers. We will have finished Tube amps made from our kits and a few high end...
  11. D. Hawthorne

Hello From Michigan

Hey Guys, Thanks again for the welcomes ! Very cool to receive.:thmbsp: I must comment on all the very creative Avatars. Lots of fun seeing what you guys have come up with! -Darrel :)
  12. D. Hawthorne

Hello From Michigan

Hey Guys, Wow, Thanks again for all the warm welcomes. This feels very good to be received in such a manner. I have spent some time now looking over the forum and finding my way around. You guys have assembled an impressive body of knowledge here. One could spend considerable time here...
  13. D. Hawthorne

Hello From Michigan

Kudos to you then, my friend. Darrel :)
  14. D. Hawthorne

Hello From Michigan

Hey Evan, I understand perfectly. I try to personally welcome every new guest to our forums but it gets somewhat confusing with people having a screen name and an e-mail alias and a real name (sometimes to include a preferred nickname) . I had not seen the pictures prior to my popping in over...
  15. D. Hawthorne

Hello From Michigan

Hey Evan, Yes, and thank you! I must admit to doing a search for Silver Iris and I saw your pictures you posted. Your friends room looks very OB friendly and he has some fun stuff. Invite him over to our forum for me. We can help him realize several levels of improvement through simple and...
Back
Top Bottom