Recent content by D4vidG4rr3tt

1. D4vidG4rr3tt

What kinds of records do you buy?

You got it! Thanks for the tip about auto-racing records.
  2. D4vidG4rr3tt

Hmm! Never thought of that, though I know of one or two. Problem is they are 30+ miles away, farther than I’m willing to drive.
  3. D4vidG4rr3tt

Great suggestion. We certainly intend to do discounts if people buy several at a time.
  4. D4vidG4rr3tt

Wish we had some of that. We do have several boxes of 45s, including some I’ve never seen, like a multi-disc box set of Glenn Miller.
  5. D4vidG4rr3tt

Interesting. I always thought classical music buffs were more into digital and streaming because records had too much surface noise.
  6. D4vidG4rr3tt

Good advice, but right now I don’t have the time or energy.
  7. D4vidG4rr3tt

They’ll be cheap—likely $5 for jazz, rock, blues, etc, and $1 or less for pop like Andy Williams.
  8. D4vidG4rr3tt

I‘m helping sort a huge donation of records to my church, with an eye to having an open-to-the public sale. There are thousands of LPs—this guy collected everything—jazz, rock, country, musicials, soundtracks, speeches. There are even two records of Arthur Ashe teaching tennis. There are also...
  9. D4vidG4rr3tt

@vodsonic. . .

. . . is a good guy. Great selection of CDs at a great price. Shipped quickly and packed well. Thanks!
  10. D4vidG4rr3tt

dualhead

Lii Song F6.
  11. D4vidG4rr3tt

dualhead

Kudos to AKer dualhead. I gave him a pair of speakers -- Magnepans someone else had given me. His way of saying thanks was to offer a pair of full-range drivers and a nice copy of Gregg Allman's first album. Now I get to find out what the fuss about open baffles is all about.
  12. D4vidG4rr3tt

Thanks to ahartig

Recently purchased a Coltrane box set — great price, well-packed, shipped quickly.
  13. D4vidG4rr3tt

CLEANING VINYL - The AK compendium of fact, fiction and collective wisdom

Gosh, you're asking me to think back 50 years. Don't remember exactly what customers complained about, but I do remember people bringing back those RCA Dynaflex records because of defects.
  14. D4vidG4rr3tt

CLEANING VINYL - The AK compendium of fact, fiction and collective wisdom

What microscope are you using? I’d like to look at some of my LPs before and after.
Back
Top Bottom