Recent content by Da He Hua

1. D

Teac 3300SX-2T

Thank you both for sharing the info. I just took a look at the back through the grille. I saw that the fan is on both at the lower speed and the higher speed, but the fan is making a louder sound at the higher speed, perhaps because it is blowing harder.
  2. D

Teac 3300SX-2T

I have this two-track version of Teac 3300SX. When I play at the lower speed, the motor and the capstan are very quiet. When I play at the higher speed, I can hear this kind of low-volume “white noise” which almost sounds like a fan. Feels like it is coming from the capstan motor. Is this...
  3. D

Teac X1000R Tape Selector for Scotch/3M 250

I do have the user manual, and it is the manual that says LH-I for Scotch 177 and 207, and LH-II for Scotch 1500, but does not mention Scotch 250
  4. D

Teac X1000R Tape Selector for Scotch/3M 250

Hello, when using Scotch/3M Mastering Tape 250 on Teac X1000R, what should I choose for the tape selector. The user manual only says LH-I for Scotch 177 and 207, and LH-II for Scotch 1500, but does not mention Scotch 250. Thank you.
  5. D

Use Teac X1000R as pre-amp

My power amp is a simple one - B&K 4430. It only has a power button, and has no volume control. But of course, the Teac itself has volume control. Can I connect Teac to B&K directly, bypassing my pre-amp (Bryston 0.5B)? If your first reaction is why on earth do you want to do that? The...
  6. D

tape play issue. Is there a fix?

Thank you. But the strange thing is that the flanges of this plastic reel do not see to bent out of position. And the rubbing does not happen with other reels.
  7. D

tape play issue. Is there a fix?

I am playing a tape on a Teac X1000R. As time goes, the supply side starts to rotate slightly from left to right, and as it does it, it creates a noise (likely the tape rubbing the plastic reel as it rotates?). See video clip here. I tried to fast forward or reverse, but it could not get...
  8. D

Puzzling right channel noise

When playing other tapes, the noise from either speaker seems to be similar to the first video clip (i.e., when Side A of the problem tape is played). I actually only noticed the higher and strange noise when Side B of the problem tape is played. But visually, I dont see anything obviously...
  9. D

Puzzling right channel noise

I recently restored a Teac X1000R and have started to play music on it with no obvious issues. Recently I bought a London prerecorded tape, which looks like in a good condition cosmetically. Side A plays fine (either in forward play mode or reverse play), but when I play Side B, the right...
  10. D

[Teac X1000R Restoration] tape droop down between heads, potential fix, and more puzzles

Sorry for the long post. I hope to provide as detailed information as possible. I thought the whole thing is quite an interesting case (at least for me), and wonder what you make out of all this. So, I cleaned and lubed the parts along the tape path, replaced the old belt with the new correct...
  11. D

[Teac X1000R Restoration] How does one know when the pinch rollers need Naphtha?

Thank you. Can you say a little more about the Mobile1 part of your procedure? You use it to lube the pinch rollers? Where exactly on the rollers do you apply Mobile1? Thanks
  12. D

[Teac X1000R Restoration] How does one know when the pinch rollers need Naphtha?

How does one know when the pinch rollers need Naphtha treatment? Is glaze a sign and how do I tell whether it is hard or soft in the right degree? I have taken a few pictures. The first two are for the left and the 3rd and 4th are for the right one. These four are all taken very close to a...
  13. D

[Teac X1000R Restoration] clean pinch rollers and lubricating pinch roller links

What to use to clean the pinch rollers? I wanted to ask because they are made of rubber. The same question goes for the left inertia roller that has a rubber piece on it. I also have a question for lubricating the pinch roller links. I heard somewhere that the right lube to use is lubriplate...
  14. D

are there 7 inch metal take-up reels

I looked at eBay. Most 7 inch take-up reels are plastic. There may be one or two metal ones, but it has Akai's name on it. I am looking for one for Teac X1000R, so ideally I don't use one with another manufacturer's name. Were 7 inch metal take up reels commonly made? I do have a Teac 10...
Back
Top Bottom