Recent content by Dale Beaver

1. Dale Beaver

Fixing plastic button (CDP)

After the caps are glued down drill through them into the post with a #72 drill bit in a pin vise(for control) Then cut a straight pin to the length that is needed so the head of the pin will hold the cap down. Pull the pin and scuff it with sandpaper then glue and insert. I deal with this stuff...
  2. Dale Beaver

Sansui 8080 tuning anomally.

It seems there was a station issue. It is working OK now.
  3. Dale Beaver

Just desoldered main pc board in EQ, how did I do?

The green is actually solder resist. It's for wave soldering on modern pcb's
  4. Dale Beaver

It must be the station because it does the same on an Optimus STAV-3780 I have.
  5. Dale Beaver

Sansui 8080 tuning anomally

I have one FM station 100.5 that has a weak left channel in stereo mode. It comes in OK(3 out of 5 signal strength) but has this problem. All other stations work OK. If I switch to mono the output is equal. The station works ok in my car stereo.Any ideas are appreciated
  6. Dale Beaver

I have one FM station 100.5 that has a weak left channel in stereo mode. It comes in OK(3 out of 5 signal strength) but has this problem. All other stations work OK. If I switch to mono the output is equal. The station works ok in my car stereo.Any ideas are appreciated
  7. Dale Beaver

Sansui 8080 tuner dial lamps

Pete, this started blowing that fuse 20 yrs ago. I stupidly had it it jumpered so I took that out and it blew the 3A. I currently have a 4A in. I want to try a 3A slo-blo. It has run ok for 20 yrs with this problem. Do know of a schematic that shows just the light circuit. I have been and...
  8. Dale Beaver

Thanks for the info Pete. I think I replaced 1 many yrs ago. For some reason this receiver blows the original 3A fuse, I am currently using a 4 A. I did reflow all the joints and it is better but just once in a while it flickers. I did crack the glass on that one trying to take it out.
  9. Dale Beaver

Probably not, they were shipped today. There only a dollar a piece. I thought 6 volt cause I wanted them as bright as possible. Thanks for your input.
  10. Dale Beaver

Can somebody answer my original question because I already ordered the 6V version without thinking about it.
  11. Dale Beaver

How do I contact him?
  12. Dale Beaver

I wanted to get spares and I have one that lights but is cracked. I found some at parts-express. They have two versions, a 6V 250ma or a 8V 250ma. The originals are 7V. Which would be best?
  13. Dscf8455

Dscf8455

14. Dale Beaver

crossover caps in BIC Formula 6

Dscf8455 by Dale Beaver posted Apr 9, 2017 at 10:29 PMAlso I am having trouble finding mfd caps. Is the mf micro or milifarad? Below is what you see in pic, starting just below coils. .47 mf 100v(film) 12 mf 50v(electrolytic) 3 uf 100v(film) 16 mf 50v(electrolytic)
  15. Dale Beaver

crossover caps in BIC Formula 6

Below is a picture of the crossover currently and pic of my 40 yr. old(original owner) Sansui 8080 that powers them.
Back
Top Bottom