Share This Page

damacman

Blown and Injected, Male, from Gilbert, AZ

Subscriber
damacman was last seen:
Viewing thread I'm becoming a Genesis fan!, Oct 21, 2017 at 11:33 PM
    1. quartersaw
      quartersaw
      A local tech is examining my sick Mc2300. I'll know more about it by next week...
      1. damacman
        damacman
        I saw that a while ago. It is indeed the correct part for the MC2600s. I did consider buying it but ultimately passed. Keep us posted!
        Jan 23, 2017
      2. quartersaw
        quartersaw
        Yeah, I looked at the feedback, and thought: 'Oh, shit!' Well, I was thinkin' of 'ya, anyway.. :-)
        Jan 23, 2017
    2. quartersaw
      quartersaw
      I can only post 450 characters, so that's why these messages are split..
    3. quartersaw
      quartersaw
      Tony,
      The link below is for a Mc2600 Autoformer on the Bay. My unexplained failure of my Mc2300 has me searching for an Autoformer, and I came across this current auction, in case you want some 'insurance'
    4. quartersaw
    5. milanomike
      milanomike
      Hi Damacman,

What do you have for hook up wire? Does it matter what I use for the Hafler powe amp? Mike
    6. Johnny
      Johnny
      What would you have to have for the mc500?

Hello btw :)
      1. damacman
        damacman
        $4250.00
        Nov 22, 2016
    7. macman007
      macman007
      Nice Olds you have there, beautiful!! My first car in 1982 was a 1970 442 W-30 with the 455 and a 400 turbo/4 speed Muncie and convertible top. She was medium blue with a Ivory top and medium blue deluxe interior , W-25 induction and white stripes.. fully loaded. Biggest mistake of my life was trading it for a 71 Judge. Currently I'm running a 1981 Corvette with a ZZ-430, 400 turbo and 3.73 gears. .
    8. Binkman
      Binkman
      nice street screamer.. enough to get anybody in deep rubber bank account
    9. Velocityboat
      Velocityboat
      I ham bee toying with my boat last ten years. The fuel injection on blower interests me. What sort of taps do you need on the haeders to get A/F mixture right. Right now my Holley is boost referenced and has been reliable only run 29 deg Advance on timing an 92 gas. . It seems most boat engine builders use slightly different rules for tolerancing, timing, and cam lift due to reversion to addree longevity since a boat stays on the pipe a long time vs a quarter. What books have you authored on performance? Right now I am at 4 to 5 psi in boost with a B and P 454 running forged internals. Some aluminum EMI marine headers and a 800 Holley. I had a 850 on it but it sucked and used to load up transom. With soot and docks were a nightmare.
    10. Velocityboat
      Velocityboat
      I ham bee toying with my boat last ten years. The fuel injection on blower interests me. What sort of taps do you need on the haeders to get A/F mixture right. Right now my Holley is boost referenced and has been reliable only run 29 deg Advance on timing an 92 gas. . It seems most boat engine builders use slightly different rules for tolerancing, timing, and cam lift due to reversion to addree longevity since a boat stays on the pipe a long time vs a quarter. What books have you authored on performance? Right now I am at 4 to 5 psi in boost with a B and P 454 running forged internals. Some aluminum EMI marine headers and a 800 Holley. I had a 850 on it but it sucked and used to load up transom. With soot and docks were a nightmare.
    11. quartersaw
      quartersaw
      Thanks! I'm a bit creeped out by connecting the two hot terminals, but that's what it sez...
      I'll have these babies singing together by this afternoon. -Should have a photo, or two as well.
    12. quartersaw
      quartersaw
      Hi, damacman!..A quick question: Any 'do's, or dont's' regarding strapping Mc2300's?
      Happy New Year! :-)
    13. PatrickE
      PatrickE
      Hope all is well! Just wanted to fill you in on the good news and final resolution to my cracked face C2200. I immediately ordered the glass for $130 or so and began the daunting task of replacing it (which was not easy, I am going to make a post you can check it out LOL). In the mean time, started the claim process with UPS...Sure enough they approved it and wanted to send me a check for the $2100 it was insured for. Explaining to them it was irreplaceable I wanted to have it fixed, they said they needed an estimate for the repairs. A well known local tube and Mac technician made me out an estimate for nearly 500$ including the part. Sent it to UPS, they just sent me a check! woohoo. pretty bitchin. All in all it was well worth it :) Question is, do you think they would actually bring in that item after giving me the $2100 and destroy it??? I don't know! What a travesty that would've been. Take care,
      -Patrick
    14. Rich Andrews
      Rich Andrews
      All it takes to make an IDS-25 is some wood, some drivers, and a MQ-107 or MQ-108 and the magazine article.
  • About

Home Page:
    http://www.ceautoelectricsupply.com/
    Self Employed - www.ceautoelectricsupply.com
    . . . a McIntosh / Altec enthusiast

Fast cars are good too!

Signature

Technics SL1300 MK2/DV10x5 / Pioneer RT-909 / Pioneer PD-T07 / Nak RX-505 / McIntosh MR75 > McIntosh C200 > McIntosh MC2600 x 2 bridged > McIntosh XRT22s