Recent content by damacman

1. damacman

large square holes tube cage

The script, cage, and octal sockets ...
  2. damacman

Can an Amplifier make this huge difference in sound?

Interesting. A bit of research shows that many owners of these speakers sought out traditional amps with 1 Ohm capabilities, ignoring the heat generated by such a power amp when running such. So yes, that narrows the field a bunch. However, it seems to me that efficiency is really the problem...
  3. damacman

I had a mint KSA-300S shortly ago. Completely gone through by one of the foremost Krell experts in the US - to the tune of over $2,000 in refurbishment. Man did it ever look the part. To date, it's my least favorite amplifier of any I've owned. Try as I may, I was unable to get past the...
  4. damacman

Mc/Barzilay purchase

Man, those look to be dead mint!
  5. damacman

Mark Knopfler fans, New album coming soon.

At $49.99 for the LP, I‘ll just stream it …
  6. damacman

@Joe Dawson - I’m all for more science in audio, everyone here knows that about me. You’ve certainly laid out the math. However, what you’ve proposed would be far simpler to disprove than to prove. Fortunately, scientific method allows anyone to do so should they embark. I’d suggest starting...
  7. damacman

MEN220 RoomPerfect measurements for a 2.1 or 2.2 system.

That's not much of a subwoofer . . . the first octave is 20-40Hz.
  8. damacman

The Bose 301 another opinion.

Yeah, why follow the setup instructions given by the designer? Whadda they know?
  9. damacman

MEN220 RoomPerfect measurements for a 2.1 or 2.2 system.

I would use an SPL meter and pink noise to set the level of the subwoofer to equal that of the Magnepans. This would be a great starting point for the MEN.
  10. damacman

The MC2500 - Best Value Proposition?

Here are some pics of 2500 installations I had on my phone ... last one is at the Des Moines Convention Center - a member here purchased one of the amplifiers and provided that photo.
  11. damacman

MC7270 upgrade to MC2500

https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/the-mc2500-best-value-proposition.1033623/
  12. damacman

MC2300 - Is it the Most Famous Amplifier Ever?

I found a few more 2300 installation pics ...
  13. damacman

D100 & SACD

FYI - I bought a D150 in Barter Town a few years ago and I have really enjoyed it.
  14. damacman

D100 & SACD

SACD would be a source . . . not following how you would like to connect that to the D100 via XLR (output to output . . . )? A McIntosh SACD transport, like the MCT450 or MCT550 can output DSD via the special MCT connector (labeled DIN), which the D100 lacks. You'd need a D150, which has the...
  15. damacman

For those of you who have not subjected yourself to a real time A/B/X comparison between two correctly functioning power amps which have been gain matched to within a tenth of a volt, I offer this advice - don't.
Back
Top Bottom