Recent content by dan8drums

1. dan8drums

DCM Time Window 2 (Squared) Speakers

Thanks for the help guys. I am really curious how they will sound and just have to clean them up to look brand new. Now I just have to talk the wife into letting me put them in the living room. That will be the problem. If she doesn't like them I guess I will have to sell them :(
  2. dan8drums

DCM Time Window 2 (Squared) Speakers

Hello, I was wondering if anyone can tell me about some DCM Time Window 2 Speakers I recently picked up off of CL. I have never seen this type of DCM speakers before and was really curious as to what you guys and girls think of them. I have yet to hook them up but I will as soon as I find...
  3. dan8drums

Fisher Speaker Stands Chrome-What Year?

Hey everyone out there. I was wondering if anyone out there could give me a year range on these chrome fisher speaker stands. Thanks, Dan
  4. dan8drums

What Ortofon Headshell Is This?

No I did not yet. I Just picked it up yesterday and spent all night cleaning the whole unit. It was really dirty. Do you know about what year this is? Thanks for the help.
  5. dan8drums

What Ortofon Headshell Is This?

Hello everyone out there. I am having trouble identifing this Ortofon headshell and stylus. Also the tone arm is a mystery to me also. These are mounted to a Thorens TD 124 turntable. Believe it or not I picked this up in a barn covered with dirt and grim for the past 25 years. Some...
  6. dan8drums

Do You Ever Drift Away From Your Music, Then Return To It?

I drift from different music all the time. Some weeks its Rock. The next couple of weeks it could be Country. My favorite group is Rush and I have listened to them a million times. But times I just stop listening to them and swith to something new that I can really listen to. Like the lyrics...
  7. dan8drums

Klipsch KG4 possibility + Price Check

Yes it does. Looks like surround is coming apart.
  8. dan8drums

Thrift Store Find - Pioneer SX-1980

Awesome find. I never find things like that anymore around here in FL. They all look at ebay and raise the prices to where I cannot afford them.
  9. dan8drums

Things that Can Hurt You in Vintage Audio

I have had some experience with health problems with vintage equipment. When I take apart speakers or receivers and try to clean them out or remove items from them there is sooooo much dust, old fiberglass, smoke build up, etc.... As far as hurting you I do not know, but I realized that after...
  10. dan8drums

Sansui AU-999 sold on eBay for $650

Wow someone got a good deal. Look like a nice unit also. :(
  11. dan8drums

Introducing an old friend to a newer yet older friend.

Hell a little of Goo Gone and a couple of rags, then clean it after that and you will be surpirised of what comes out of such an old system. Make sure you put a coat of wax/cleaner/sealer over the Goo Gone when you clean it after. IMHO. Nice set up, and I like the old one better because of the...
  12. dan8drums

Another great Empire for sale!

I had the same turntable and they are awesome pieces. Very well made in Germany, the motor was. But they are hard to ship since the motor is only supported by rubber grommets for vibration. I learned the hard way about that. When I sold mine it went to CA from FL and when it arrived the motor...
  13. dan8drums

Anyone who works on wood cases?

Mike, No problem as I only have time to kill and really enjoy doing this type of stuff. I have been in the woodworking business for 26 years with a degree in architectural millwork. I also do full auto cad drawings of each piece so I have a library for future reference. I do it as a hobby but...
  14. dan8drums

Anyone who works on wood cases?

I can make any type of panels or cabinets you are looking for. From exotic wood veneers to matching the existing cabinet or look you want. Let me know what you guys are looking for and I can duplicate it. I do Auto Cad drawings after measuring everything to exact specs. Holes, dados, mount...
  15. dan8drums

My Grandfather..

God be with you and your family at this hard time. It will get better soon and you will feel like he is around you when you least expect it. Not creepy, but a good feeling that he is at peace and with his wife now and the Lord. Dan
Back
Top Bottom