Recent content by DanO55

1. DanO55

Family Stories

If you can read this with a dry eye you are beter than I was.
  2. DanO55

Heathkit W4 AM Integrated?

Pre 1954. I have a couple of other reference manuals pre-54. Let me see if I can find this particuliar model. The RF style input connector for the tuner does not show up in any of the 10 heathkit catalogs I have reviewed.
  3. DanO55

Family Stories

You do the "boots on the ground" for us Mrs. Grumpy. Thanks for everything you do.
  4. DanO55

Tubes Are Unhealthy...

Wait, we will snag another one I know somebody waiting for a Scott 233 to arrive to hook up to his model Altec 14s. Something tells me he will be making a comment or two in this thread within a short period of time. Just a lucky guess/prediction.
  5. DanO55

A open thank you and apology

For those who have known and followed the family issues my family has been dealing with for the last 18 months I want to thank you so much for your prayers. Yesterday we got the best gift any family could receive. My wife has been told she is now free of cancer. Praised god. I am also so...
  6. DanO55

The no question is a stupid question question

This thread reminds me of the old 3B28s. Yes, the top ceramic cap has to be connected inorder for the tube to do its things. Great question, not a dumb one at all! Thanks for bringing it up.
  7. DanO55

Dangerous and hard to believe or am I overreacting

What every one else said. One should never tinker with something one knows nothing about. Respect voltages/current should be a fist rule one learns. Ditto on HV when working on CRTs or other equipment like radars, radios, damm near everything. I have personally seen a dead body hung up on a...
  8. DanO55

High voltage Caps for Scott 222B

Just finished a 222C this morning. I used for the main a CES direct replacement, a JJ in a dual value spot, and four run of the mill 100uf at 100volts for the 75uf@75 volts can. Sounds great to me---dead quiet, hum what hum? Just radios sell very good qualiy big caps IMHO. I picked up a few...
  9. DanO55

Comment on forum.

U got that right Seems like.
  10. DanO55

Great Plains Audio-Still in Business?

Absolutely true Boy are you right on there.
  11. DanO55

Altec 846b refresh/XO advice?

ditto best approach for the 846b is the 902.
  12. DanO55

Balance question on Heathkit AA 50

yep You are doing it right. What you have there in the AA-50 is just about every circuit available at the time to sell the new generation of audio users on, or to buy rather, that new fangled stereo sound. At the same time, this stereo amp still provided great mono'ish, if-you-will, sound for...
  13. DanO55

H.H. Scott help

You bet. Been known to happen from time to time. :smoke:
  14. DanO55

Maggie Amp is back (thanks battradio!) and sounding great.

Looks reliable too. A very important aspect for all equipment. Nice job.
  15. DanO55

Another one of those: This 6BQ5 amps sounds

Unless I hear otherwise I am going to call (assume) this is a one-of-a-kind pair. The seller had no history other than he has owned them for several years.
Back
Top Bottom