Recent content by danyost

1. D

SX-980 Protection Overload Condition

Thanks Mark!
  2. D

Parts list for AWR-156 Understood. What are the 512-1N4748A|2 for?
  3. D

BTW... thanks for the great support Mark; I couldn't do it without you. And Zebulon1, thanks so much for stepping in and making it so easy to get the parts ordered!
  4. D

Awr-156 To clarify... AWR-156?
  5. D

I'm going to be enjoying the best sounding receiver I've ever owned for as long as I can keep it running! I've also got a CTF-1000 I'm going to fix the belts on. I do have some original recordings on cassette that I'd like to hear again providing that the tapes hold up. She's a beauty!
  6. D

Hi Mark. I'm not doing anything until I hear back from you.
  7. D

Jansson 4400 Studio Monitors thrift store find...

I owned a pair new and had them matched up with my Pioneer SX-980 receiver. For the day (1978ish) I really liked them because they were efficient with power. I believe they were rated at 80 watts and I could play them with very little volume and get lots of sound while my buddies were having to...
  8. D

Pioneer CT-F1000 keeper pic

She's a beauty! Got one just like it that I bought new. I need to replace belts.
  9. D

power supply awr-156 instructions power supply awr-156 awr-156 pin 22 +50v reg = +50v awr-156 pin 23 +23v reg = +23v awr-156 pin 25 -23v reg = +0.65v awr-156 pin 27 -50v reg = +1.5v awr-156 pin 28 -13v zener = +0.65v awr-156 pin 16 +13v reg = +13v I did not mean to upset you. I have a...
  10. D

Regarding dc offset L adjustment: With 0.9v value on pin 10 and no change by adjusting VR2... a) desoldered one end of jumper wire Resulting in no change of 0.9vdc value regardless of VR2 position. Out of curiosity, I checked VR1; it was approximately mid position so I moved it full clockwise...
  11. D

I found the test parameters for the DC offset on page 25 of the manual, so I'm good there. Now when I check pin 10, I read 0.9 volts and cannot change it in the slightest by adjusting VR2. (both left and right channels show 0.9v, I did not attempt to adjust R2 on the right channel) Shall I...
  12. D

About test parameters for q2 and pin values: a) Even though there is no longer a click and then sound (no output to speakers)... should I have speakers connected? b) What is the state of the A & B speaker buttons? c) Is the volume still turned down? About test parameters for DC offset: a) Is...
  13. D

So I guess the next question is "Can I test q2 under these conditions?"
  14. D

I understand what you have instructed me to do. However, I can no longer get the receiver to a state where it "clicks" on. When I turn on the power, regardless the wait time (up to 15 minutes anyway) there is no longer a click. This tends to make me think that attempting the dc offset test would...
  15. D

Thank you tsd71 and mark the fixer for responding. I decided to re-establish the previous condition that I reported. (power on, about 5-7 seconds then start of repeating "click on and immediate click off"... evidenced by short bursts of sound) When I first turned on the receiver, I was able to...
Back
Top Bottom