Recent content by darg

1. darg

ANY ELECTRICIANS OUT THERE THAT CAN HELP?

That's the catch22 with cheapo LED dimmer. They are never really off or potential free on the output so you always get some creepcurrent and with that voltage in it. Removed all dimmers in my house when I converted to LED
  2. darg

It's Getting Real Out There, Folks

That's correct, it's all this lean and just in time nonsens. Nobody has really any stock or stuff in storage since it gets delivered when they thought they need it. Any bump or change in demand brings this system totally into free fall.
  3. darg

Why are restaurants so loud ?

K It seems to be an American thing that restaurants and bars are loud. When I came over here I also was surprised about the noise level even in smaller venues. Also, what's up with the TVs? Nearly every location in San Jose had an enormous amount of TVs hanging and running any kind of crap from...
  4. darg

Burned up oven light rocker switch.

Make sure it’s temperature rating is equivalent. Not sure how close it is to hot surfaces
  5. darg

Fry's Electronics comes to an end in Palo Alto - December 27, 2019.

Too bad but it wasforeseeable. I remember shopping at Fry's either at their Hamilton Ave shop or in San Jose at Junction and it was always packed around 2005 to 2008 but than somehow they went to cheap China stuff. The electronics parts department was getting smaller and smaller each year until...
  6. darg

Tales of woe. A broken refrigerator thread.

I the olden days a fridge was a compressor, a thermo switch and that's it. Somehow the mfg found out how to make the comps last for ever so they started to out all these low reliability electronics in which kill it since they are expensive if you buy them as spare parts but not when you...
  7. darg

Computer Monitor Aspect Ratio ?

1200x800 is 3:2 ratio, so it's rather square then rectangular like 16:9
  8. darg

Random Rants

Flying cars?! Have you seen how people drive today and you want to put them in something that can fall to the ground?! They are already overwhelmed by using 2 directions in this world, if you now give additionally to left/right and back/forth also up/down the death toll will rise :-)
  9. darg

Ebay Charging Sales Tax

Here in Arizona they make me do it. That wasn’t the case in California so for whatever reason regulations are different here. Double taxation still
  10. darg

Ebay Charging Sales Tax

For new products I can understand that but I’m always confused when this happens for used products since that is double taxation. The first happened when that product was sold new so the luxury taxation was done already.
  11. darg

Shippers Customer Service

Wow, they have changed their menu. I did this some years ago and the system hang up on me :-) But honestly, saying the word Operator should get you to a person in case it's a well developed system. Some systems aren't or they don't have any operators and don't want to talk to you at all. That's...
  12. darg

Dogs and Fleas (How Do You Control Them)?

Here shots if the stuff I mentioned yesterday
  13. darg

I will put up a picture of the bottle tonight when I'm home.
  14. darg

In my old house I had a similar situation. My dog was picking up fleas from the front lawn, brought them inside and were left on the couch and some carpets. I found a spray at Petco that is kind like a mix of cinnamon and mint oil that does not stain. Spray it on the dog, his bed and wherever he...
Back
Top Bottom