Recent content by Darren James

1. Darren James

Allison Acoustics 110 mystery

Just restored a pair...... damn are they nice and flat! leave them on the floor. the tweeter is very (surround soundish) and gives highs all over. the lower freq. just nicely bounce through the room!!!
  2. Darren James

Denon DRA 1035 master volume board reset

Anyone ever have to pull the master volume board because of volume problems Sure I could find my way around, but!!.... just in case there is a wiz here who checks in
  3. Darren James

Infinity RS-6000 woofer wiring

Thanks for this tidbit of info..... am restoring some 6000 and the specs don't show two woofers.... series it is!
  4. Darren James

EGO speakers

they are wonderful....
  5. Darren James

EGO Systems speakers?

here are some great 6.5 / 3/4 two ways that have that wonderful Pinnacle quality ....... just finished redoing them....
  6. IMG_20200122_122455740

IMG_20200122_122455740

7. Darren James

Hey AK! Speaker question

I wish it was an easy answer.... swapped source and amp.... it follows speaker
  8. Darren James

Hey AK! Speaker question

I am having some low end distortion.... I've have cornered it to the JBL 4410A .... No crossover upgrade yet... Checked voice coil - all clear, no rubbing There is possible heat damage to 8ohm resistor in series on tweeter.. no other visible issues... question is, would faulty cap on mid or...
  9. Darren James

I found that, but the crossover points are not same as 4410... So the specs on the schematic are...

I found that, but the crossover points are not same as 4410... So the specs on the schematic are only for 4410 with L pads... the A crosses at different points...
  10. Darren James

Whats up?.... you got a spec sheet for these 4410A's?..... hungry beasts... nice flat sound...

Whats up?.... you got a spec sheet for these 4410A's?..... hungry beasts... nice flat sound. Compared to the live, in your face, of the CF 150's....
  11. Darren James

To my Pioneer buddies... Why the power-up chatter on these 650's and others?

Third 650 I've picked up over the century..... same power-up chatter... then levels out and lights come on..... why??? thanks and Happy Holidays Darren
  12. Darren James

Near Frenchtown NJ... need a pickup to hold

Got a pair of speakers I need picked up.... will pay....
  13. Darren James

help!! I have a phantom 60hz.

So it's coming from the ceiling and walls.... also repeats every 60hz on the scale.... see attached
  14. Darren James

help!! I have a phantom 60hz.

So, it's static. I shut everything off and it's still there.... so is the double 120hz, although lower...... shut mic off and it goes blank.... see attached I'm just getting into sound measurement ...... I am aware of AC cycling.... not sure where this might be coming from. Thanks, Darren
  15. Darren James

Harman Kardon 430 - startup question

Thank you all for the info..... May the karma gods smile upon you this holiday season!!
Back
Top Bottom