Recent content by datafone

1. D

Open Baffle Epiphany!

Clipping causes waveform distortion, It's the distortion that would be fatiguing.
  2. D

Please take a look at this capacitor

That one above seems most likely.
  3. D

Commercials You Hate

Very few bother be, but maybe political ones (no explanation needed), and the rip off short term cash loan ones where they target the most vulnerable in society. For the most part I block those ones out, ignore them.
  4. D

Area 51 - civilian raid.

You do understand what the 'U' in U.F.O. stands for, right? Doesn't make a pinch of difference who says what, or who saw what, it is not evidence as recognized by science. Based in physics and all we know the likely hood of extraterrestrials having visited us is plain laughable. @BigElCat I'm...
  5. D

Elcap vintage crossover caps

Are those the ones known as fire cracker caps? They look like the ones I replaced in some KLH speakers.
  6. D

Area 51 - civilian raid.

It's in no way evidence of anything, eyewitness accounts are known to science to be very unreliable and treated that way. And we are looking at a secondhand statement here also, so not even a direct eyewitness account.....so worse than very unreliable. Edit: basically it is just hearsay, and we...
  7. D

Thoughts on fine tuning a digital system to sound analogue

I would challenge that is your perception, and more likely not fact.
  8. D

Replacing Film Capacitors in Technics SU-V4

No issue using capacitors that have a higher voltage rating than the originals when using film/foil caps, lower than the original rating might well cause issues. If you were replacing with electrolytic caps then It's different, and It's not advisable to go too much higher than original.
  9. D

Things unique to humans

Awww...now you have me loving that little one so much! :hug: Speaking of compassion, good for you for saving that little girl :thumbsup:
  10. D

I'm a little confused, if you can test on the underside where the terminals poke through the board and are soldered, that is fine.
  11. D

Things unique to humans

Compassion is compassion, unless you know what the Dog, Horse, Deer, or whatever is thinking you can't say It's more instinctual IMO. I guess we can agree to disagree on this point. Lovely looking hound, that one in ya' AV :thumbsup: The big one, I'm not a fan of small dogs though many a...
  12. D

Test with probes placed on the positive and negative terminals of each cap, so that would be on the underside of the circuit board?
  13. D

Not sure how much you know and you may already be aware, but I'll mention that you will have to set the meter to read DC when checking the caps for charge. Worth looking over all the other electrolytic caps for signs of bulging or leaking while you are at it. Hope it goes well for you.
Back
Top Bottom