david winter
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hi Simon,
    Yes I used a BC237B without trouble. It's been some time since I rebuilt this amp and the client never came back with a problem.
    The B suffix stands for the gain. B is for hFE 200min.
    All others have a typical gain of 110min/125min except for the C which is 400min.
    I have no idea if gains higher than 200 would work also. Asking in the form would be helpful. Hope this helps. David.
    Hi David - sorry to message you out of the blue but I see in the past (2012?) you had the same problem with your AU999 that I now have. One of the small cylindrical heatsink mounted transistors (bias setting transistor?) has had one leg break, so now I think I need to replace both of them. In your post on the subject, could the following still be considered to be true?:

I changed the BC408 by a BC237B as used on the other channel which adjusts correctly, and the che current is now adjustable. We should consider the BC237B a good sub for the 2SC281.

My thread on the topic is under the "Sansui" board. Would appreciate your reply. I am in New Zealand and it appears that I can source the BC237B relatively easily here. thanks! simon
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom