dd123
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• This may be a duplicate message. Sorry for the slow response, I forget to check messages. I haven't solved my weak EMIT issue but I haven't given up. I think it may be a bad solder joint on the wire connector.

It's kind of fun working on EMITs. I learned from some posts to build a simple jig for safe disassembly. In order to keep the two sets of magnets in alignment so they don’t twist and break and damage things when opening the EMIT, I clamped the EMIT to a piece of wood and to the workbench. The clamp leaves enough room for unscrewing the EMIT screws and then nailing in nails through the screw holes. I hacksawed off the nail heads before pounding them into the wood so the EMIT layers could be lifted completely off.

Hope this helps. Send me your e-mail address if you want more info and pictures of the disassembly process.

Good luck,
    Doran ddibble@verizon.net
    Hi, just read your message regarding the Qa emits. No I have never worked on them, and I do have a few in need of repair myself. Have you solved your issues???
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom