Recent content by Dearslayer

1. Dearslayer

Realistic STA -90 tuning capacitor

I have to keep an eye out for a knob. Unfortunately one knob is not an original. I see one on ebay but with shipping and USD conversion it will cost me about $57 CDN to get it to my door. That's more than I paid for the unit.
  2. Dearslayer

It's my first step away from Marantz and Pioneer and I must say I was a little leery at first thinking that it was a messed up unit but after cleaning up the pots a switches it sound pretty good and it does look good with that orange glow.
  3. Dearslayer

Purchased a couple of FM antenna's today. The "T" type wire kind and hung it from the rafters in the basement. Gotta say the reception is very much better and was able to tune to 4-5 stations so that the dial indicator lit up Red, so I'm happy with that. Now to remove the face plate to clean it...
  4. Dearslayer

I sprayed some cleaner in a plastic cap and used a cotton swab do daub the cleaner in those areas. It didn't really seem to improve anything. I'm going to grab a better FM antenna perhaps tomorrow to give it a try or move the receiver upstairs for better reception and see what the difference...
  5. Dearslayer

ok I thought as much but I wanted to be sure so I don't contaminate something.
  6. Dearslayer

So this is the actual tuner capacitor. Where specifically should I put the cleaner. I don't see any corrosion at first glance.
  7. Dearslayer

Awesome info. Thanks so much.
  8. Dearslayer

So is that grease or corrosion where the arrows are pointing?
  9. Dearslayer

Thanks for the link Painttoad .I'll try to clean it carefully.
  10. Dearslayer

Hi all... I just picked up a Realistic STA-90 last night for $50. The guy wanted $100.00 but he said he didn't try everything to be sure it worked so I got it for $50.00. Not sure if that is overpriced for this unit or not. I'm not familiar with this brand at all but figured I'd stray from my...
  11. Dearslayer

Learning schematics

This is the link to the course I was looking at.... any thoughts as far as good or bad?? https://www.etcourse.com/
  12. Dearslayer

Learning schematics

I googled the Sam's Photofact and of course it's a paid service. Interesting site though. Never knew it existed. Thanks for the advise. I think I'll check out that online course again that I mentioned earlier. Seems as thought every time I get interested again in the audio repair, something...
  13. Dearslayer

Learning schematics

I was going to take an online electronic course at a college a couple years ago but life and death got in the way. Perhaps now is the time to try again.
  14. Dearslayer

Learning schematics

What might be the best place/ source, to learn how to read schematics, Marantz and Pioneer in particular. I struggle when looking at the diagrams and comparing to the units themselves for such things as how to start to trace where the power/signal starts and following it along. I suddenly go...
  15. Dearslayer

How to measure the power output.

Hello... No I actually never did take the course. Unfortunately I lost a lot of family and friends over the last few years and my interest dropped of because of it. Hope to get back into it one day soon. The course was offered online by George Brown college in Ontario Canada. I'd still like to...
Back
Top Bottom