Recent content by Degajoe

1. Degajoe

Strom Communications APH-1100

Anybody have info on these amps? Schematics, opinions, history, anything? The only thing I can find on the net is Strom Communications was a spin off of Stromberg Carlson for their commercial products. They have KT88 output tubes. Are they worth a rebuild to use as mono blocks or should I...
  2. Degajoe

Custome Electra V 460A amp help

I have a 460A amp that I have modified for stand alone use following advice from other AK threads. This amp was non operational when I started (bunt output transformer). I have replaced all electrolytic caps, coupling caps, the top hat diodes (1N007), tested every resistor in the amp, and have...
  3. Degajoe

Output Transformers?

When I removed the cover there was a nice hole burnt through the paper exposing the toasted windings. Thanks for the help gentlemen, an AK member has contacted me and has a suitable replacement.
  4. Degajoe

Output Transformers?

Classic Tube Audio quoted $225 for a rewind.
  5. Degajoe

Output Transformers?

I finished recapping and modding a Fisher 460A amplifier for stand alone use. Before I fired it up I discovered one of the output transformers had an open leg. The output tubes are 6BQ5s and the transformer part # is T812-217. How do I go about finding a suitable replacement? Is there some way...
  6. Degajoe

Pioneer SX-980 trouble

R-16 and R-17 are listed in in the parts list as 920 ohm 2W, but they do not appear on the schematic or the circuit board layout. They are physically mounted between the +- 50v and +- 23v pins. R1 and R2 are 10K 2w in the rectifier circuit.
  7. Degajoe

Pioneer SX-980 trouble

They are unmarked.
  8. Degajoe

Pioneer SX-980 trouble

Spoke to soon, removed from circuit both read 860 ohms.
  9. Degajoe

Pioneer SX-980 trouble

R-16 and R-17, mounted on Pins 22-23 and 25-27, both open. Thanks for the help.
  10. Degajoe

Pioneer SX-980 trouble

Yes Preamp jumpers in place.
  11. Degajoe

Pioneer SX-980 trouble

It's weird, all voltages check out except the +- 23 volt pins on the PS board. The Q1 and Q4 collector voltages are a little high 69.7 and -70.3, but I would think that would be ok. D8 and D9 are 14.4 and -13.4. Pins 22 and 27 are 52.5 and -51.5. Pin 23 is 7.4v and Pin 25 is 5.9v.
  12. Degajoe

Pioneer SX-980 trouble

Thanks for the info Echo, I checked the +- 50v and is present (+52.5,-51.5). I will follow your suggestions tonight when I get home and report back.
  13. Degajoe

Pioneer SX-980 trouble

Had already cleaned but did it again, same result.
  14. Degajoe

Pioneer SX-980 trouble

I picked up a non working Pioneer SX-980 the other day. I will power up relay click, meters work no sound except it will play through the tape monitor. I checked the DC voltages and all are good except the +- 23 volt. I get 7.2 and -5.9. Has there been a previous thread with this problem...
  15. Degajoe

Hitachi SR-904 or Lafayette LR-9090

Price being equal which one would you buy and why? Both supposedly one owner and well taken care of. My third option is a Pioneer SX-980 with missing power knob and left channel only plays when in mono, also same price.
Back
Top Bottom