Recent content by deltalight

1. D

Sansui 9090 lights...

I designed new LED boards to retrofit the 8080/9090 and 8080db/9090db models. If the contacts on the wafer are too burned-up, then I perform the jumper fix. If they are still good, then the much lower current drawn by the new LED retrofit is well within the current limits of the wafer contacts...
  2. D

Any good Class A(B) power amp kits?

Is there a weblink or address? I like what I see!!
  3. D

Good electrolytic axial cap for power supply?

47uF 350v axial: 594-MAL204315479E3
  4. D

Would you make this trade?

Keep your Heresys. The 5000X will need restoration.
  5. D

Oh no! Now what do I do? Sansui AU-9900 or Pioneer SA-9500

I'm partial to the SA-9500 II, but if the AU-9900 was the "B" later unit with the gold-plated connectors.... It's a toss. Either one.
  6. D

Marantz 2285B - New Output Cap Assy

All six outside standoffs and the grounds from each pair of caps are all star-grounded to the center threaded standoff. Seems to make everything quieter.
  7. D

Going be tackling a MCS 3125......

Restored an MCS-3125 back in 2014. Lots of tedious work. there are rotary switches piggybacked on the EQ pots. Mine had a lot of silicone grease in them to prevent failure. I DID NOT spray any deoxit in those switches. Also, the ICs that drive the LCD readout are obsolete. It has been my...
  8. D

Re: SX-1010 Need Hi-Res Schematic

Thanks very much! That helps! :)
  9. D

Re: SX-1010 Need Hi-Res Schematic

Does anyone have a hi-res SX1010 schematic?? I downloaded several SX-1010 service manuals and schematics and the resolution is horrible?
  10. D

Ethical or unethical........

You did fine. I like the part where you made a legal transaction with the 3900 owner ($20) so the shop owner couldn't play games with you insisting that it gets scrapped for his lame reasoning, etc. The SX-3900 is a lot of work to properly restore, but worth it. Good work!
  11. D

Need help with Vintage amp repair

Nice amp. A main issue is correctly replacing C405-C408 main caps. There are no drop-in replacements and they are soldered to the board....
  12. D

MC-2505 Bottom Cover

I am restoring a MAC MC2505 that has a missing bottom cover. I have the optional wood case with the Panloc rails, so the bottom cover with the mating rails is crucial. There currently is a used MAC MA-5100 Bottom cover w/Panloc rails on eBay. Does any MAC aficionado know if the MA-5100 bottom...
  13. D

Nikko Alpha 440 Output Transistor Subs Question

Retrofit 2SC5200/2SA1943 TO3PL parts and be done with it and never look back. I did this for Pioneer SX-880, SA-9500 II, etc. Replacing with those parts gives one a whole new level of confidence.
  14. D

2385 low hum

I see old original caps on the regulator board. Anyone taking the time and going the "Gut-and-stuff" routine for the main filters caps and left original caps on the regulator board? Really? Unit is over 40-years old and nothing short of the complete restoration will keep you from experiencing...
  15. D

Any Vintage Onkyo Owners?

I've restored an Onkyo M-504, TX-6500 MKII, TX-7000 (designed a 22-LED retrofit) and others. I like Onkyo. My only complaint is the sloppy component assy, but that can be corrected. Some day soon I'm going to try upgrading some late model mid-range like the TX-8050 to improve the sound.
Back
Top Bottom