Recent content by Demiglaz

1. D

CR-620 Stuck in Protection Mode

Found them. TP1-TP2 came in at 14.1mV. TP3-TP4 came in at 12.2mV. With a little patience, I was able to get them both to hold at 8.0mV. I'm on a roll here! Thanks again for all of your help.
  2. D

Avionic, I did not go through the idle/bias adjustments after installing the new output transistors. Could you please tell me how to find the TP1, TP2, TP3 and TP4 test points on my board?
  3. D

Conrad, thanks for the advice on recapping. Any idea where I can find radial replacements for the two 6800uF 45V filter caps?
  4. D

Avionic, thanks so much for your help. Very much appreciated. Your patience and generosity are admirable. I couldn't have figured this out on my own.
  5. D

UPDATE - November 2, 2018 * * * Parts arrived yesterday, and I installed them. Against your advice, Avionic, I went ahead and replaced all 4 output transistors (seemed most economical to order all four because shipping cost was the same). And then, the moment of truth. I powered up the unit...
  6. D

Good call on the thermal compound. Order placed. Will report back next week after parts arrive and I install them. Hope this is my fix. Fingers crossed. Thanks again for all of the help.
  7. D

Okay, I will order those parts from Mouser and report back. As you know, those transistors are plug-ins, so no soldering! Thanks again for your help. Very much appreciated. Hopefully these new parts will get my friend up and running again. Silly to get so attached to a stereo component, I...
  8. D

I assume by mica insulators you mean the very thin, plastic-looking "gaskets" between the transistors and the frame. If so, yes. They seem to be in great shape -- gunked up with white heat sink compound, but perfectly intact.
  9. D

UPDATE: Okay, please refer to the photo below. In the photo, the back of the unit is on the left, and the front (faceplate) is on the right. Counting the transistors from left to right, Nos. 1 and 2 are good, No. 3 is bad, and No. 4 is good. No. 3 is a 2SD371. Should I just go ahead and...
  10. D

Whoops. Said resistors above when I meant transistors.
  11. D

I assume you are talking about the frame-mounted transistors on the side of the unit -- four in total? Two of which are behind angled metal plates? Please see photo below and confirm. BTW, thanks so much for the help and your patience with me. You are a saint. I found a link on AK for...
  12. D

Okay, with multimeter set to 200v, that resistor closest to the side of the unit comes in at 39.4v on both sides.
  13. D

Okay, will test in 200v range and report back. It's the resistor closest to the side of the unit.
  14. D

Hmmm. Forgive my ignorance, but I'm not sure about 1v versus 1mv. With Power ON, and with multimeter set at 20V, I get " 0.01 " out of both sides of one resistor, and " -1 . " out of both sides of the other. Please see photos below. In case it matters, the " -1 . " comes off the resistor...
  15. D

UPDATE: I think I found R775 and 776. Behind the coils near the faceplate. Tested out as follows, with my multimeter set to 20V scale. Unit Powered OFF = one resistor showing 0.31 on both sides, and the other showing 0.0 on both sides. Unit Powered ON = one resistor showing 0.01 on both...
Back
Top Bottom