Recent content by DerekR

1. D

SX-880 restoration project

Touche! I guess I paid more attention to the top
  2. D

Particle board where? The cabinet is plywood.
  3. D

IMG_20170625_132133 by DerekR posted Jun 25, 2017 at 2:59 PM IMG_20170625_132107 by DerekR posted Jun 25, 2017 at 2:59 PM IMG_20170625_131205 by DerekR posted Jun 25, 2017 at 2:59 PM IMG_20170625_130959 by DerekR posted Jun 25, 2017 at 2:59 PM IMG_20170625_130952 by DerekR posted Jun 25...
  4. D

Rebuild album here: http://imgur.com/a/vmn2q Got home and installed the cabinet, still have some clean-up to do, and holding the HA1457 comes in soon to get the phono cleaned up. Until then she'll sit on my office desk. Will probably take it to a local shop for realignment soon. Considering...
  5. D

Thanks for the recommendation. I ended up buying one from littlediode from the UK, which will probably take a week or more to arrive, that'll be my back up. If neither work, then I'll start experimenting with the adapter. Wood putty worked really well, plus I already had it on hand. I'll post...
  6. D

To test it? Set the volume to the lowest setting shouldn't over drive the input and although freqs will be off, it'll be functional. A lot easier than dragging a turntable into the work bench. I found those adapters but I couldn't find any reference to a recommended modern amp to use. Someone...
  7. D

One fault I'm finding..... I put my cell phone into the phono in (lowest volume setting, sink the bass knob and crank the trebel to accomodate for RIAA filter), it played well for a bit, turned it up a bit, then POP on the speaker and protection relay kicked in. Turned it down and to zero and...
  8. D

Got new relay in the mail, bent the back pins to fatigue them off, installed and soldered. That finalized the electronics replacements/changed I'm making. I wiped down the front panel and knobs of gunk with some dawn and a chamois cloth and reassembled the case (minus cabinet). Damn is she...
  9. D

Went ahead this evening and replaced a bunch of transistors. Didn't want to touch anything in the power amp circuit since I assume they are matched pairs. Didn't touch Q21, Q22, Q24, or Q25, markthefixer had said they are pretty robust and don't need replacement. Replaced Q23, Q27, Q28, Q29...
  10. D

2nd round of test Heatsinks arrived today. Ohmite E2A-T220-25E works well on Q26. I drilled out the threads on the OEM heatsink, filed down the aluminum, flipped the Ohmite upside down and screwed a 6-32 screw directly into the heatsink to secure. Heatsink is still hot, but noticeably...
  11. D

I've watched his videos a couple of times! Did you do the software hack/unlock on your Rigol? If I was getting an RF signal gen, I was hoping for the MPX capability so I could tune the stereo decoder as well.
  12. D

This evening: - Replaced main caps, went in well. New main caps were smaller, so used some handlebar foam I had in the garage to fill the space and snug them up - Zeroed out the DC bias and set idle current. Noticed last night that the power amp transistors' heatsink was hot to the touch, then...
  13. D

Replacement for protection relay ASR-020: Omron MY4-02-DC48. Mouser PN 653-MY4-02-DC48
  14. D

Deoxit'd the rear RCA plugs and Aux input is clean and clear and functions great, but on the phono input, the left channel pops every few seconds. Is that a bad HA1457 opamp?
  15. D

Recapped the tuner board. I either forgot to mark off caps from the list or I wasn't able to find C67 & C72 due to low resolution on the pcb layout. Updating cap lists with changes I found while working.
Back
Top Bottom