Recent content by derekva

1. derekva

OK Geezers...Truth Time...Do You Buy New Music?

~80% of the LPs I buy are new releases. Recent purchases over the last few months include Beyonce, Kacey Musgraves, SAULT, English Teacher, Tropical **** Storm, King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard, Say She She, Deep Sea Diver, Horsegirl, Wye Oak, The Veldt (albeit an album that was recorded and...
  2. derekva

Here I go, finally confronting the Altec itch...

It's in the basement / home theater, so a bit of 'out of sight, out of mind'
  3. derekva

APT Power Amplifier 1 / Holman preamp

There's also a good review thread on audiosciencereview.com where Tom weighed in: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/apt-holman-preamplifier-review-vintage-audio.28310/
  4. derekva

Happy Birthday derekva!

Thank you, everyone!
  5. derekva

I'm stale, need help picking some new music

Tropical F*ck Storm - Goody Goody Gumdrops SAULT - 11 SAULT - UNTITLED (God) Horsegirl - Versions of Modern Performance Quivers - Out of Time (R.E.M.) Deep Sea Diver - IMPOSSIBLE WEIGHT
  6. derekva

Show us your flea-watts amps!

Another Get*SET*Go build using 3.5k Hashimoto OPTs (and a chonky Heathkit choke):
  7. derekva

Show us your flea-watts amps!

They are a pair of holey basket Coral 4" alnico speakers (also from a Sony TC-500a) in a ported box.
  8. derekva

Your favorite Fisher tube gear

FWIW, my Fisher 660A is a keeper. It's dead quiet and extremely musical (and plays very well with my 604E Duplexes).
  9. derekva

Your favorite Fisher tube gear

I gotta say, I think the Fisher 1800 looks even better than the 800C.
  10. derekva

1962 Fisher Futura III Console (F-50) - New Addition

The 660A is a very underrated amplifier.
  11. derekva

Say hello to my little friend: Custom Built Dynaco Stereo 35

Well, I ordered one for my Stereo 35 and one for my Fisher 660A - mostly for neatness purposes - anything else is gravy. As I'm thinking longer-term about my PP 6B4G amp project, I might use these for the DC heaters on the output tubes, although that could get a bit spendy given I'll need four...
  12. derekva

Good to know - the chassis-mount approach just seems cleaner (plus you can use the chassis for heat-sinking).
  13. derekva

Question for you - how is the STTH6110TV2 holding up? I'm considering replacing my IXYS DSEI12-12A HEXFREDs in my Stereo 35 amp with one of those monsters.
  14. derekva

Beatles in Mono

These are the ones I bought (although I'm regretting not buying 'Beatles for Sale': Please Please Me (Mono) Help! (Mono) Rubber Soul (Mono) Revolver (Mono) Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Mono) Magical Mystery Tour (Mono) The Beatles (Mono) Should have bought the Mono boxed set when I...
  15. derekva

Happy Birthday derekva!

Thanks, everyone!
Back
Top Bottom