Recent content by devoid

1. devoid

HPM100 replacement woofer

Probably something from Parts Express. Similar parameters of course for similar performance. I know reconing is an option but would rather at this point in time have some new off the shelf options. And not possibly abuse and damage another original. Actually I know it was the upstream...
  2. devoid

Dave dropped by...

: )
  3. devoid

Self Streaming

Perhaps VLC. Does a whole lot more than just playback.
  4. devoid

Hey Zoran, Logged into AK, looked at my messages here. Thought I'd give a shout out to ya. I...

Hey Zoran, Logged into AK, looked at my messages here. Thought I'd give a shout out to ya. I bought a house on Platte Clove a couple years back. Lots of snow... Devon
  5. devoid

Sanyo Semiconductor

News to me, On Semi buying Sanyo Semiconductor. I was lucky enough to find a replacement STK voltage amp for a Sony receiver I have on the bench.. But it looks like the supply is drying up. That and consumer replacement parts in general. So what are our options now for Sanyo devices? Lots of...
  6. devoid

DCX2496 Emegency

Turned out to not be a hardware failure after all. The info I posted below got it back up and running, just had to reload my settings. "press and hold both pages buttons on the front panel switching on the unit. The DCX2496 prompts you to confirm (OK) or cancel. Press OK to erase the internal...
  7. devoid

DCX2496 Emegency

Or like my system is useless without it and I ain't happy. Wasn't sure where to post so I put it here. Mine just up and died. I get the boot screen. Then goes blank with backlighting. No audio. So where do I look first? Power supply? Clocks? My finger tells me the output buffers are OK. I knew I...
  8. devoid

Industrial music

Good to see this thread still going. Thanks to all who've posted. The leads here got me looking much deeper into what I conclude is humankind's reinvention of music. Post industrial I find is the true neo classical music, since the very 80's. The establishment is only just discovering what...
  9. devoid

This is my reintroduction

Rippin' up old carpet so I can arrange the speakers as they were previously. Something just is not right yet!
  10. devoid

Oh yes then give the old Volvo wagons that got me here attention they haven't had for six months. Then crawl around the dirt and stone crawl space to insulation the duct work.
  11. devoid

It's so warm and cozy in here! I have a garden shack I need to finish razzing before I resume stereo tweeking.
  12. devoid

Oh I'm probably going to have 3 or 4 shops. Never let go of the good stuff. So I'm already geared up.
  13. devoid

Really now! But yeah thanks, um, VD. Can't wait. All these rooms. And land. All these speakers and amplifiers. Life is too short.
  14. devoid

I've taken a long hiatus from here. Had my system running smoking good and all was well. But that was back in my last rental. No more. I now own. Went from 800 sf to 1700, gained a three bay garage on 1.7 acre. For the sweet price of 69K. Of course there's work to be done... I manage to get the...
  15. devoid

Industrial music

I've done a lot lot of listening since this thread started. In my opinion a lot of what get the blanket name of industrial is actually a post industrial rock. A la Wkipedia"s write up of it. While it may have a lot of slick energy it doesn't really engage me the the real stuff. Which might...
Back
Top Bottom