Recent content by dj82501

1. dj82501

AR 9 LS Speaker Grill question

I would say with the grills on, but it's a personal preference if you think they sound better off that up to you.
  2. dj82501

Logan Laboratories?

Does anyone know of or have any information on this company? I have a tube preamp made by this company model DMC-1ET.
  3. dj82501

Empire Royal Grenadier 9000M speakers

Hello bonkur, I know this is a old thread but I'm hoping you can help me with the information you have received from Claude Cain. I tried emailing him and also tried calling him only to find his number is no longer in service. I do hope he is well. If you could pass the information on...
  4. dj82501

Electro Voice Sentry III series 2

I just read that entire post my hats off to RS Steve , thanks totem for sharing this. My question now is how do I get in touch with Gordon ?
  5. dj82501

I moved them to my small livingroom (I'm not on my wife's good side right now), hooked them to my Rotel 1090 w/ my Audio Experience symphonies + preamp also raised them up so tweeters are at ear level. I'm trying to locate a original woofer if anyone knows where I can find one please...
  6. dj82501

They came with the bottom port closed, is that what your referring to?
  7. dj82501

Well I did some inquiring and it seams the only ev cones with foam surrounds available are the DL15W. I'm not sure how that would work . Does anyone have any thoughts? In the meantime, I couldn't wait I put in one SP15A just so I could hear them. Wow! Everything I heard about that...
  8. dj82501

You are probably right You are more than likely right , I'm going to repair the ripps and try it out but I know my OCD won't allow me to keep it that way.
  9. dj82501

That's a good sujestion and not to hard to do. I think I will try that just out of curiosity. But just knowing it's not right or or more important to me not the same as the orger one will bother the heck out of me lol!
  10. dj82501

Yes , all that Ive seen indicate foam surrounds thanks for the information.
  11. dj82501

Ok, now that I got some much needed rest I removed both woofers this morning. I fond that the frames are the same and had new surrounds and possibly a recone on the one with accordion surround added back in 2019 according to a sticker on one of them. I'm adding pictures to verify that...
  12. dj82501

LoStrings, EV3, thanks for your advice. I'll try and locate another original 15b driver. I got them home today, but these past 2 days have made just too tired to do anything today I'll try and dig into them tomorrow and take some pictures.
  13. dj82501

Hello, I just picked up p a pair of these that are in pretty good shape but will need a light sandind and refinishing. I would like your thoughts of repacing the woofers with sp15a's which I already have. There are 2 different woofers in them now, one with accordion suround and the other is...
  14. dj82501

EPI M1000 Restoration

Thanks StimpyWan!
Back
Top Bottom