dlucy
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums About

• Haha just seen you mentioned in a h/k review on you tube about your wealth of h/k knowledge....Nice!
    dlucy
    dlucy
    Wow! Thanks for letting me know. I’m famous!
    Audiohead84
    Audiohead84
    if you want to check it out.
    Reactions: dlucy
    Doug:
    I am cleaning up my internet accounts and would like to remove my profile here. I may return, but I"m trying to reduce my internet presence. Do you have the authority to terminate my account as "Muser?" If so, please terminate it, you can verify this request by sending an email to audiolarry@yahoo.com. If you don't can you point me to someone who can?
    In advance,
    Thanks!
    Larry Cox
    I've attached what I think is the crossover for the Advents I have.

Attachments

• NLA_XO_PIC.JPG
      NLA_XO_PIC.JPG
      67.2 KB · Views: 2
    Good morning. I've got 4 of the New Large Advent from 1979 and am going to replace the woofer foam rings on all and get the crossovers replaced on them too. How do I remove the crossover panel from the speaker? I'm surmising they're attached to the tweeter switch on the rear of the speaker. Thanks for any help...
    dlucy
    dlucy
    Hello, @valmar . I don't know anything about New Large Advent speakers. You would have more success starting a new thread in the Speakers forum and posing your question there.

Good luck!
    V
    valmar
    OK, thanks.
    Hey dlucy! I saw you pioneer sx450 thread and had a question as I'm planning on recapping mine. Was there a resource you used to map out the boards? Or did you just grind through that using the schematics in the manuals? Thanks!
    Hi Doug, looking for someone to recap/repair an HK825. If not you, can you point me to someone? I'm out west so will likely ship it.
    Thanks!
    dlucy
    dlucy
    Sorry, uteman... I've moved into a much smaller space and 100% of my restoration gear is currently in storage. The hk825 is a pretty straight forward recap, so you can look for people who've posted their own threads about the 700 or 800 series... or even the 430/630/730/930 twin powered series... except for watching for corrosive glue.
    Finished up the HK AP2500 and it sounds great. No tone controls, no balance... just perfect.
    Something wrong with the VTA SP6, so backto the modded Carver C-1. That means I can switch over to the retipped DL-301mkII... glorious.
    Restored another HK 730, demoing an upgraded Shure M95, repairing two Onkyo CP-1046F, and restoring a HK AP2500 preamp (should be awesome).
    Fixin' up a couple of Onkyo direct drive turntables... cuz' you can never have enough turntables...
    Hi, I found your thread (Recapping, Rebuilding, Restoring, Rest-o-modding... a Pioneer SX-450 receiver). I have a question about the BOM you included in post #30. In post #32 you give a list of all the transistors you replaced. But in the BOM you only mention 2 x 4 transistors. Should I also replace the others you mentioned in #32?
    dlucy
    dlucy
    Good question! Please post this in the thread itself.
    Hey! Just wanted to say thanks for all the Harman/Kardon x30x information you've put out, for all of us to see. I'm a novice when it comes to tinkering with electronics. But already I can see that you've done a great service for enthusiasts like me, compiling all this stuff together.
    Just want to say how much I appreciate your patience and willingness to help non-technical members like myself. Your explanations are easy to understand and VERY helpful. I've read your Sansui 7000 restore thread and have some questions. Not sure if it's possible/preferable to ask my questions on that old thread (2018?) so other's might benefit from answers, or if I should PM you instead.
    dlucy
    dlucy
    Thanks. If it’s about a 7000, then ask on that existing thread.
    Refinishing the cabinets and recapping the interiors of a pair of Infinity Qe
    Hey Doug, loved your thread on the HK730. Are you taking on any projects now? I’d like to have the full service on mine as well.
    Hi, I followed your recommended replacement transistor set that you used in the HK720 for my HK A-402. I used the KSA1220As, KSC1845s and KSC2690As. Anyways after installation I noticed my idling current doubled from the original recommended 15mV I now have about 36mV on either channel. is this normal or should I be diagnosing more? Thank you
    Hi Doug, I just read through your recap thread for the Harman Kardon 730, thank you for sharing that! Do you offer that restoration service if I was able to mail my Harman Kardon 730 to you? What would that complete overhaul cost? Mine is currently fully functioning with no issues but I'm thinking I'll hang onto for a while and would love to hear it after an overhaul.
    Thanks!
    dlucy
    dlucy
    Thanks for the kind words, Tony. I'm not doing any work for others right now as I'm far behind on a few for-others projects and I'm not getting any of mine done. Sorry.
    Hi, I’ve got a HK430 that I’ve recapped, but I’ve been having an issue with a loud popping whenever there is a lull in my power circuit (eg: turning off my bathroom fan or someone turning on the gas stove downstairs), and a quiet hum with no input. It did this before and after the recap, and it’s rather bothersome and worrying. Any idea what could be causing it?
    dlucy
    dlucy
    Wow. That’s a new one on me. Make a thread so we BOTH can learn what it is!
    Reactions: FluxT
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom