Recent content by dobyman

1. dobyman

HPM 100's - 100 watt or 200 watt?

I play a lot of old country through mine, and they sound great with that. No idea on the new country music. Don't really care for it.
  2. dobyman

Dual DC-9X dust cover repair

I just got a Dual 1219 that has the DC-9X dustcover and one of the plastic hinges is broken. Is there a fix for this or does anyone sell aftermarket pieces or anyone have one they will part with?
  3. dobyman

SX-1980 meter sticking.

My SX-1980 has always worked perfectly, but yesterday I noticed that the left meter wont go down all the way when power is on. It goes all the way down if you power it off, and it works exactly the same as the right one if you turn up the volume. But at low volume, it sticks at about .5v...
  4. dobyman

Help with Thorens TD 124 speed fluctuation

Hey MAX! That was it! :banana: I worked the clutch a couple times on/off and its running perfect! No fluctuation at all. It always takes a minute to get completely up to speed anyway but other than that it's a great table. Thanks again to all. I will be doing a clean and lube on it very...
  5. dobyman

Good idea!!
  6. dobyman

If you look the strobe jumps like one spot to the right. Then it’s steady. Then it will jump. You can hear it more on certain songs. It’s not like it’s always slow or always fast. It’s that jump.
  7. dobyman

No the strobe is pretty steady Ill try and post a video on youtube and post a link.
  8. dobyman

Thanks Maxhifi!
  9. dobyman

Thanks Andy. I downloaded the SM but it was no help at all. I’ll try that site.
  10. dobyman

I have a TD-124 MK II that I have owned for about 10 years. Today I was playing it, which I don't do too often because I prefer my Denon DP-72L with the auto lift, but anyway, I noticed a fluctuation in the speed. I never noticed it before, but I could hear it today. And when I looked at the...
  11. dobyman

Post a picture of your turntable

Here’s my latest one. I’ve had a DP-72L for many years and I always wanted a 59L for the living room. Still wanting one but meanwhile this one kind of fell in my lap so it will fill the gap in the meantime. It’s a DP-60L and when I got it, it had no feet and no counterweight so I had to find...
  12. dobyman

Musty smelling turntable???

Yeah I have no idea where this was stored before I traded for it. Luckily I did figure out it was just the mat and it’s nowhere near anything else right now. The records are all safe. . The rest of the table has no smell since I used Ozium and cleaned it inside out.
  13. dobyman

I’m on it. Thx!!
  14. dobyman

I’m using a large plastic wash pan and covering it with cardboard. I’ll give it a week.
  15. dobyman

It was worth keeping!!
Back
Top Bottom