Recent content by Donkey Karma

1. Donkey Karma

Phase Research Speakers

Just reveneered, rebuilt the xxovers and ordered matching stands for a pair of Rs. Love em still. They find themselves firmly cemented in the rotation amongst some more modern and expensive counterparts. They hold their own.
  2. Donkey Karma

Anyone done the Denafrips firmware update?

It really is.
  3. Donkey Karma

Lol yes...
  4. Donkey Karma

DCM Timeframe 400 vs 600: worth the upgrade?

What is it a peerless tweeter in the 400s? When I had both on hand I remember thinking that the 400s had a much more refined hi end and more controlled across the range. They didn't have the wall of sound the 600s did but I also remember the 600s kind of being all over the place and lacking...
  5. Donkey Karma

Obscure Ask

Thanks again! Tried, they had nothing I could find. The A/3 tab was a coldesac of empty lots.
  6. Donkey Karma

Obscure Ask

Yeah good call and thanks. I know he's the F. I doubted it would travel that far. Thanks again!
  7. Donkey Karma

Obscure Ask

Anyone have (thank you in advance) information on the differences between the Fried A3 and A3/A variants? I'm in the process of trying to revive a pair of A3/As and finding information on them is proving harder than the lab leak theory.. Ah
  8. Donkey Karma

If so, thoughts? Ty
  9. Donkey Karma

Bit the bullet, bought the Gustard R26 DAC

Alot to be happy about. It seems like the Ares II changed the entire game. True impact on the market. Lead the way to the R2R movement. Literally stopped me in my tracks when I first heard it in my system. If there is such a thing, still one of the best deals in audio.
  10. Donkey Karma

That's a good question... diminishing returns after a certain level of competency appears glaring. To my ears. MHO would be to live with the Pegasus for a while and see if you get twitchy. If not. Stay put:)
  11. Donkey Karma

Wider, taller than the Pegasus. Depth about even. Better separation and detail. A more present sound if that makes any sense? Pegasus richer. The Pegasus is a sleeper to me. I have loaned it to multiple friends, one with a Terminator, one with a AnK tube DAC etc.. Everyone has been impressed...
  12. Donkey Karma

Show Off Your Small Listening Space

Usually in some sort for Flux. Latest editions Gustard R26 and Dirty Weekend 6 Superflies. Currently going full Thelma and Louise down the high efficiency speaker wormhole.
  13. Donkey Karma

Musician Audio r2r diffrents

Lol maybe/hopefully the original post came from a rouge Twitter bot that Elan released.. Stirs the memory of the Dewey decimal system and being told to look before you ask:)
  14. Donkey Karma

I have owned a R26 for a couple of weeks now. Career/life has afforded the DAC but as of yet not enough time to truly type thoughts with competence. Current quiver: California Audio Labs Alpha Musican Pegasus Musical Fidelity MX Aragon D2A Airist Audio R2R Previous: Pontus II OPPOs Not...
  15. Donkey Karma

The Stack is Back

The 36 is a sleeper in my book. Just makes you want to keep listening. Time to rest your back and let JT give you some relax time:)
Back
Top Bottom