Recent content by Donny

1. Donny

What sansui models or series have noisy transistors?

I was looking at a restored 441. I asked seller if the unit had any noisy transistors replaced. The reply was this series didn't have noisy transistors. I'm off and on collecting sansui so it would good info to have regardless. Thanks!
  2. Donny

Help needed on initial trouble shooting x-101b.

I checked with outputs and rectifier out of unit.
  3. Donny

I hooked the negative from the multimeter the the chassis and the positive from the meter to the output from the trans. I doubt I am lucky enough that one from my semi dead eico st70 would work.
  4. Donny

At first I brought it up slowly then I checked them at roughly 117 volts.
  5. Donny

Pioneer qx-646 vs sx-x3x series. Any experience?

I picked up a pioneers qx-646. I'm wondering if the qx-646 is the equivalent to a lower end sx x3x series. How would the qx compare sound wise?
  6. Donny

Thank you everyone for your guidance. I finally got around to checking voltages on the main transformer. Not good, almost all of the voltages are way down. That's as far as I go on this one.
  7. Donny

A few more.
  8. Donny

I hope these pics will suffice. My old output tubes have discolored tops as pictured. I do have a tube tester, hasn't been used in a decade...
  9. Donny

So I bought this amp as is with issues. It was recapped by previous owner. I took it to a tech $430 later I still have a dead amp. Tech says I need the main transformer. He also said I needed new output tubes. Tech said it will play for 15 minutes and start smoking. I really couldn't get any...
  10. Donny

Sansui AU-777A vs all contenders

Great thread. I am a sansui fan.I started with the au417 and have since gotten 551,seven,4000 and have a 771 on the way. I can't pic a fav,it's a toss up between the 4000 and 551
  11. Donny

Do I even have it hooked up right? Eico st70

Good eye. I robbed the tubes from my Fisher. I have a strong hum on channel 1. Channel 2 is very weak. The unit has been recapped. Fairly neat work.
  12. Donny

Do I even have it hooked up right? Eico st70

I picked this one up at an audiophile swap meet. I hooked it up as pictured but no sound. It's a bit odd. The power on is the treble knob... I'm pretty new to vintage tube amps. I'm assuming level knob is volume. Help lol
  13. Donny

Info and opinions on vintage marantz model thirty

@ocdecio Thank you very much for your replies!
  14. Donny

How would a 33 32 compare to a 2270? I've been researching separates.It seems the 33 is close to the 7t(what I'm leaning toward) I don't know much about the 32. I'm very happy with the 2270 so I don't know if I should just stop here or try to eek out a little more performance.
  15. Donny

I found a recapped one simi local. I can't find out much about them. My searches keep pulling up the new model 30. I currently have a recapped 2270 and LOVE it.
Back
Top Bottom