Recent content by dontay

1. dontay

Hi. My friend Brian King(motorstereo) mentioned you might be interested in my Klipschorns. I am...

Hi. My friend Brian King(motorstereo) mentioned you might be interested in my Klipschorns. I am headed out to Cape Cod. If you can text me later in the morning, I can send a few pics that I have on my phone. Thanks, Don. 860-208-8445
  2. dontay

Help: Need schematic for (Signature or Nobis) tube preamp and amp

I've tried the Sig Tech contact link you refer to and can't make it work...tells me I'm not including a valid phone. Just started a separate thread about a Signature SRa-8 amp I picked up recently and am looking for a manual/schematic.
  3. dontay

1995 Signature SRa-8 amp manual & bias

My first attempt at anything tubes is a recent auction buy of this Sig. amp. Can't find squat on the net. It had 4 Tesla E34l's and had a slight bit of static/hiss noise from both sides, more from the right. Great sounding other than the easily drowned out background noise. I didn't test the...
  4. dontay

New England OktoberFrankenFest October 20th in Clinton MA

I like the "cartridge clinic" idea and would like to see the sub demo expanded to include using passive subs with external xo's. I can supply the sub/amp and xo if someone can do the demo. ED...I'll bring more of those cables.
  5. dontay

Big lot of stuff in NH, incl. Klipschorns and Belles

Thanks, S. Sadly, they are all still in my garage, so it's tough to take a real good assessment. All drivers are working, the Belles have the K55V mid and K77 tweets. The Khorns have the K55M mids and the same tweets. The Khorns are not in a corner so seem a bit bass shy, but my other pair...
  6. dontay

Hi, Don. Yea, I will bring the Fisher and some other stuff. I'll list it in the right thread and PM you about the Fisher.
  7. dontay

Thanks, O. Piece o' cake.
  8. dontay

Great, thanks Ohighway!
  9. dontay

Love the grain on the tops of the KH's. Too bad they are so tall, you can't see it.
  10. dontay

Thanks, VP and O. I have a pair pf Khorns already and they are amazing. What's nice is that they sound great at moderate or low levels, too. If you have the space. Ohighway...how'd you post them so large??
  11. dontay

There are a few chips in the veneer on the front corners of the Belles, just one tiny one on the Khorns. They both sound great. Belles are from 1981, Khorns, 1986. The black, fir Heresy ii's will probably come to Franks this Sat., for sale/trade.
  12. dontay

Here are some pics of the Khorns and Belles. I will try(1st time) to post them.
  13. dontay

Hi, all. Can't believe I was first in line for this lot. Wouldn't have been if my buddy Motorstereo hadn't tipped me off to the post. Had just looked through most of New England CL, but missed'em. I'll take what pics I can in my now very crowded garage and get them posted over the weekend. One...
  14. dontay

What the heck is wrong with people?

Happened to me tonight. Posted a CL ad for a piece of furniture and clearly stated that I would not respond unless the emailer mentioned the item specifically, and sure enough, 20 min. later I get an email saying "If the above listed item is still available, send more pictures". Yea, right.
  15. dontay

New Guy from New England !!

Welcome Welcome, Joe. I am in NE CT and have a single SP1200 you can have if you want it for parts. Don
Back
Top Bottom