Recent content by doublechaz

1. D

Fisher 400 Silicon rectifier up in smoke

That component is a common failure on these after all these years. There are a bunch of things that should be updated in that unit. I'm not experienced enough to really help, but there are lots of people here who can. They'll be along soon.
  2. D

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

Fisher 400 / Fisher 66B Pink Floyd Enigma Bach
  3. D

Fisher 400 cap kit from Hayseed

Got the last bits installed and tested as noted in my old thread. Big thanks to Hayseed and all you guys here.
  4. D

400 heater question (I think) and other Q's

Surge, Revertere, et perambula terram a mortuis resurgat. After much lurking and watching videos from Mr. Carlson, and Rusty the dog (Uncle Doug) and not powering the 400, I finally tied up the loose ends on this project. Re-capped the crossovers in my 66Bs. I got the Hayseed can kit and...
  5. D

I agree about the testing. I should get my last can tomorrow according to USPS. That will replace the 50/50/50 I have with the 200/50/50. Anything can happen, but no problems getting it worked out. That's not really fair. It's been way *better* than 'no problems'. I don't know how to say...
  6. D

While various other things have been goin on in my life I've been taking a break from restoring my 400. It was running fine when I put it up, but I couldn't stand going any longer without doing the major caps. I have three of the four from the kit installed now and just had to power up and...
  7. D

Explaining Audio Hobby.............

Here's a touching video. Oh, Canada!
  8. D

Wow, they do seem good! I emailed over the weekend, don't remember just when. They called voice on Sunday with a number of options. Unfortunately, I let the call go to voicemail as I didn't expect a legit call from an unknown number on a Sunday. Looks like I'll be in business real quick...
  9. D

I'm sure people around here know them well. Anyone have a horror story they would share? I'm curious how solid they are in standing behind their product. Thanks.
  10. D

Tube tester info

OK, now we're getting somewhere. Let's assume I am a fool and don't mind being parted from my money for both a decent tester, *and* lots of tubes as long as I'm not getting taken. What I mean by 'ease of use' is I don't want to have to set up two signal generators a four channel scope and a...
  11. D

Tube tester info

So I should just run tubes until flames shoot out instead of testing them?
  12. D

Tube tester info

I'm new to working on these things. Is the Knight 600 above a good unit for me to get to keep my Fisher 400 in tune? Is there another brand I should get? I probably won't be doing a lot of testing. I'm mainly looking for accuracy and ease of use. Thanks.
  13. D

That does. Confirming things I learned 20 years ago and haven't used since. It's starting to come back with your help. Thanks everyone. I think this thread is complete from my perspective. On to deeper restoration work and mods.
  14. D

It's been a lot of years since my EE classes, and I was mainly paying attention to the digital and DC stuff at the time. So the pair of resistors are acting as a voltage divider to keep the AC heater potential centered around ground volts and the physical location of the two resistors, one...
  15. D

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

Deep Breakfast. (Ray Lynch) Kinda testing things out after my latest work on my Fisher 400. The wide dynamic range and pure synthetic tones are a help checking my output stage operation. Oh Fisher 66b. Thanks to help from members here things are getting better. I may be done with the...
Back
Top Bottom